-twenty-

"That I'm skin and bone,
Just a king and a rusty throne,
Oh, the castle's under siege,
But the sign outside says,
'Leave me alone..."

Sometimes, I wonder why I let Dallon talk me into these things.

Probably because he sits there and stares up at me from the carpet of our bedroom while I sit on the bed like I'm the most interesting person he'll ever meet. I'm not. I just.. play giant chess with Hayley on Saturdays. Not really. Neither of us know what the bishop does.. Or the rook.

"Brendon.." I know he sees the worry in my eyes, but I just can't help it. It's an open mic night at a bar. Is the crowd less than fifty people? Yeah. Is everyone at least half-buzzed? Probably. Will they even remember my name tomorrow? Doubtful. But.. If I don't even try, how can I mess up? "You are amazing, okay?" An hour. I've got an hour to get my shit together. An hour for- For Dallon to stand and plant a soft kiss on my forehead and a longer one of my lips, "I know you love music. It's a part of you that you just can't shake and that's okay. I hope you know that's okay."

"I know.. I just," I sigh softly and carefully place my guitar behind me on our bed so I have two free hands to groan into, "I'm good at hair. That's something I know I'm good at and I love doing it. I love making people feel good about themselves. This? This is.. a fantasy. I'm kidding myself.. Aren't I?"

"You can have more than one passion in life," Maybe this is why I love Dallon. He's the voice that cancels out all the bad ones in my head, "And fantasies aren't a bad thing. They make us people. We have to ability to think about the things that may never come true, the things that are so crazy, they just might work. Like.. One of mine is just spending my life with you," He joins me on the bed with a smile as our fingers knit together. They fit. Like pieces of a puzzle, "I live my fantasy in small ways just by waking up next to you and supporting you and being loved by you."

Look me in the eye and tell me I deserve this man.

I won't believe you.

"Whatever you want to do, Bren," At this point, I'm just waiting for him to stop talking so I can kiss him, "I want you to know that I think you're outrageously talented and I can't believe I get to love you."

Oh, thank god he's done talking.

~

lol we're gonna start doing two-a-days😝

gotta get to the ryden.

~RJ💓