seven

"Do you have to go, Lou?" Bentley whines, as he helps his best friend pack the last bag of clothes.

"I'm sorry, Bentley, but yes. You'll be okay..." Louis says, sympathetically.

"I won't! Who will I hang out with at school?! Or who will I share all my secrets with and have sleepovers with?... " Bentley sounds like he is about to cry, causing Louis' head to whip over to him, just in time to see a tear run down his cheek.

"Oh, Bents... C'mere." Louis opens his arms wide, and Betley runs into them, and cries onto his shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you so much too. You were my first friend, and will always be my best friend. We will stay in contact okay? I won't allow us to grow apart, you're too special to me. If you ever need anything you call me okay?" Louis gently rubs his best friends back.

Bentley sobs,"I just need you."

Louis frowns, and holds him tighter. "After these school holidays, you can come visit! That's not long..."

"Too long," Bentley mumbles..

Louis sighs, and rubs his back, "I know..."

"Your mum just called the land line." Louis heard from his doorway. His father is leaning against the door frame, a bottle of beer in his hand. "She's gonna be here soon." Mark takes a swig of beer, before glaring at Louis, and walking away. Probably down stairs.

Louis looks at the spot he just stood in, he rolls his eyes, and gently pats Bentley's back. "I better finish packing..."

Bentley pulls away nodding, he sniffles and wipes his tears with his pulled down sleeve. "Yeah, yeah. Of course."

Bentley picks up on of Louis' oversized hoodies, and goes to put it in suitcase.

Louis places a his hand on Bentley's. "Keep it."

Bentley stares at the black hoodie, with the rainbow hearts on each sleeve. He shakes his head, "its your favourite."

"And so are you. Have it, I don't mind. I want you too." Louis smiles at him, and continues packing various items.

A large smile makes its way to Bentley's face, he quickly puts the hoodie on, over his light purple shirt.

"Thank you, Lou. I love it!"

Louis winks at him, and goes to his closet to check if there was anymore clothes in there. There wasn't.

He looks around his room, and realises that he hasn't cleaned out his side table drawer. He pulls the whole drawer out, and puts it on his bed.

Inside is a bunch of bouncy balls, and erasers his teacher gave him for completing work on time. But one thing stood out. A picture of him, and his dad.

They are both smiling. Mark is hugging Louis, who is about seven in the picture. Louis doesn't remember that day, but his dad had told him about it. It was the day they went fishing, Bentley and his father were there too. That day Louis caught his first fish. His dad couldn't have been any prouder of he tried. Louis wishes he could still be that way...

He puts the picture neatly in his suitcase, and zips it up.

Hey guys!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Xo