Chapter 7

Isaac's p.o.v

The doors to my office slammed loudly, bouncing through the empty hallway, an echo of my misery and guilt. Misery because the same day that I found my mate, I lost her and guilt because I lost her. I let those damn creatures take her. The only keeping me hanging on by a thread was the fact that I hadn't felt the bond break, even if it had just been formed, I knew I would feel great pain if she had been killed.

Her bright green eyes filled with tears and fear as she leaned over my crumbled body struck me as I smashed my fist into the closest wall, a strong desire to break and wreak havoc on everything around me, to have something to unleash my anger upon.

"That's the seventh hole you've punched in four days." Came Allen's sarcastic voice as he sat up. He had been waiting for me, he put his hands in his pocket, his eyes finding mine until the dimming light of day.

"You'll find her Isaac. They're keeping her alive."

I suddenly had the urge to hit something again. "They're keeping her alive because of what she can do. But I have no idea what kind of pain and suffering she's enduring. All because I failed to save her." I spat, bitterness lacing my words. Allen didn't react in the slightest.

"You were against eight vampire at once, and still in shock from finding our Luna. It's a miracle you weren't killed and we owe that to our Luna, but I have to ask Isaac, what exactly is she?"

I raised an eyebrow, ruffling through loose papers on my desk that offered me nothing. No leads, nothing to follow, nowhere to go. Only this empty and hollow feeling.

"She's my mate and that's all there is to it." I said sharply.

"No ordinary person has those kind of healing abilities. Furthermore, she's had the scent of a human, but sweeter, there was something off putting about it considering all that's happened."

I sighed heavily, feeling annoyed and defeated. " I don't know Allen. I plan to speak to my father today some time. Perhaps he'll have some idea about what happened."

Just then the door opened, and the man in question stepped into the room. Former Alpha Jeremiah stood stiffly in the doorway, his dark eyes capturing the entire room. His eyes taking in the office that he hadn't seen in four years. When I took over, there were rarely problems I couldn't handle by myself and I was quick to completely take the reins, however, I seemed his guidance and knowledge on this.

"Son." He said, as he embraced me wholeheartedly. I could only thank that my mother had not accompanied him for the news I was about to deliver.

He walked towards the window, noticing the holes in the wall as a result of my anger. "I heard about the vampire attack. Two wolves were injured and six humans are dead."

"Father.." I trailed off, unable to gauge his emotions.

"It wasn't your fault Isaac. With leadership comes those who will question it and pose a threat. You were there to protect the humans and you did what you could. It was a tragedy, one that requires you to up your security. But take it with a pinch of salt and learn from it. If the problem persists then perhaps you may have to launch an attack with the aid of some of the sub packs."

"It's not the attack father." I said quietly, which seemed to catch his attention as he turned to me, motioning for me to continue.

" I found my mate last night."

He stilled, his eyes growing hard. He could tell by the fact that she was not with me that something was wrong.

"She ran away and I chased her, to where we were attacked by a group of vampires. They overpowered me and I was within seconds of death."

He looked up suddenly, his eyes unreadable.

"Then, she-e, I don't know what she did, she put her hands over me and I saw this green glow emit from her hands and then she healed me."

My father's eyebrow creased in thought as he turned to the window, seemingly deep in thought.

"Allen, were you around her?"

"Yes sir." Allen responded and my father nodded in understanding.

"Describe her to me."

Allen let out a nervous chuckle as confusion filled my body.

"With all due respect sir but would the alpha not be better suited to this?"

He waves his hand in dismissal. "No, the fact that she's his mate will warp the reality of his experience. I need to know what you thought? What did she look like? Was there anything odd about her?"

Allen coughed nervously. "Well sir, the best way I could describe her appearance is haunting. You can't deny her beauty but it's almost unearthly. She had the scent of a human, but more alluring and captivating."

I let out a deep growl as he grinned sheepishly at me.

My father gave me the look that I recognized from when I was kid, the look that said that he had just realized something important.

"Could it be possible?" He whispered and I looked up at him, in confusion and curiosity.

"I think you may have encountered a forest nymph." 

-/-
I  woke up with silk sheets wrapped around my small frame. Groggily, I sat up and wiped the sleep from my eyes and I surveyed the large room. The sheets were a dark mauve, along with the curtains. I put my bare feet on the white carpet as fear overtook my body.

Where was I?

The memories of last night Came flooding back and just like that, terror seized me. I could feel the breath leave my body as I struggled to get oxygen into my lungs. After a few minutes, I started to calm down, trying to rationalize the situation. I wasn't in a dark and grimy cell, I was in a large and lavish room, almost like a guest.

I looked around the room once more, checking to see if the door was left open. It was locked to I checked the windows, also locked. I wanted to sigh in frustration when the door opened and a young girl came in slowly, carrying a tray of food.

"Where am I?" I croaked out and she didn't respond until I stood next to her and laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Please." She saw my bright, terror filled eyes, brimming with desperation and hope and sighed deeply.

"Vampires took you. You're just outside of South Dakota." She whispered numbly.

"What do they want with me?"

She placed the tray on the table and stumbled back. "I don't know, I'm only The help."

I raised an eyebrow. "Do they mean to harm me? Why am I not in a cell."

She fell quiet, her eyes falling on the carpeted floor in debate. Debating whether she should tell me or not.

"This," She motioned towards the wide room. "Does not mean safety. You would've been better off in the cells, you would've stood a chance." She said stiffly before turning to leave. Fear ran through my body, like a hot searing knife tearing through me as I registered her words.

"What does that mean." I whispered and she turned for a final time, her eyes hard and cold.

"It means you've been claimed by one of them."