CHAPTER 3

As the light filtered through the sheen curtains, Ichigo stirred awake. He was warm, but quite uncomfortable, as he moved to get up, he noticed he was on the floor. His eyes shot open completely as he observed his surroundings, without a doubt he knew he was in Orihimes apartment. He jumped to his feet and stretched his arms above his head, trying to ease the small pain in his neck and lower back. As he walked to the round table by the kitchen, he noticed the cheerful Orihime making two cups of steaming coffee. He sat down at the table, and waited for her to walk in. As Orihime rounded the corner  to the table from the kitchen she almost dropped the two piping cups. "Oi! Kurosaki-kun, you almost gave me a heart attack" she exclaimed moving her now empty hand to her beating heart as Ichigo retrieved his cup of coffee. "Gomen, Inoue. You should have woke me up last night I would have went home". "But, Kurosaki-kun was asleep, and he looked peaceful, who am I to take away his peace." Orihime's gentle statement sent Ichigos heart on fire, the heat burning more then the scorching coffee as it slid down his throat. He couldn't help but think, 'If things go well this weekend, this may be the rest of my life'. He looked up then to see Orihime daydreaming, taking cautious sips at her coffee. He smiled pleasantly, as the oncoming morning, was relished in peace.

After the cup of coffee and waking up some, Ichigo headed back to his house for a shower and a change of clothes. He raced home trying to beat his father and little sister awakening, but was greeted with a swift kick to the side of the jaw. "Son, you have stayed out past curfew and made yuzu-chan cry for missing dinner last night!" His father, Kurosaki Isshin explained, delivering another kick to the jaw. As Ichigo stumbled up, anger pulsating, his spiritual pressure weighing down on his father's shoulders he uttered his simple comment, "move dad, I have somewhere to be and I can't keep her waiting." His father stood struck for a second more befor jumping effortlessly to his wifes poster, long streams of tears pouring down his proud face. " masaki, our dear son has become a man, he will make me a grandfather in time!" As Isshin exclaimed his abundant cheers, Yuzu and Karin made way to the livivng room. " Onii-chan, has a girlfriend, Onii-chan is going to leave us..." Yuzu said pure saddness covering her tone, Isshin noticed his daughters reaction and cried tears with her. " You two are too emotional, not like he got himself a babe anyway." Karin stated in her abusive manner. As Ichigo stumpled down the stairs, in dark jeans and a gray hoodie, he stopped at the last step. " Ill be home later, but I'm leaving on Friday with Inoue for the soul society, Rukia and Renji are getting married." As he sped out the door, he heard the gasps of Karin and Isshin, with the wishes for Rukia and Renji.

As the water cut off Orihime stepped out of the shower, and quickly dried the  remaining droplets from her porcelain skin. She stepped into her room and put on a long white skirt with pink and yellow flowers with a long sleeved white shirt to match, she added the light pale pink sweater just incase she happend to get too cold. As she finished brushing her hair, she heard a knock on her old wooden door. She stood up quickly and answered it.

As Ichigo was greeted by Orihime, he noticed her perfectly placed hair pins, and her clear, smooth skin. When he walked in he could faintly smell coconut, and citrus. The smell was comforting, and he figured it must have been her soap, from her barley damp hair. " I Just have to put my shoes on and we can leave then Kurosaki-kun." Orihime called from the door of her room. She slid on her white flats, and bounced out of her door. As Ichigo followed her out, she turned around and locked the apartment up. "So where will we be shopping today, Kurosaki-kun?"

As Ichigo guided Orihime through the crowded paths of the mall, He spotted a small shop with long silk dresses and elegant jewelry. He pulled her behind him through the small gather of people near the door and entered the store. Orihime's eyes filled with an awe glint at the many different gowns and dresses, the shoes and jewelry. As she walked further in the store, she noticed a long white dress with small accents along the shallow stoop of the neckline. The sleeves, went a little past the shoulder and had a water like wave to them. The bottom was the same way. It was a very simple dress, but it caught her eye immediately. She noticed a sheer white over throw next to it, with the matching one and a half inch heel to accompany the outfit. Ichigo noticed her genuine interest to the dress. " Inoue, you should go try that one on." She didn't object as she took the fabric from its hanger, and stepped into the dressing room. As she took off her clothes, and slipped the dress on she noticed how well the white complimented her hair and eyes, her skin was like milk, in the long waves of fabric.  She knew, this was the one to get. As she took the dress off, and put her clothes on. She stepped out of the dressing room. " Im going to get this one." She grabbed the shoes and throw, and went to the counter. As she payed, Ichigo stared at her. 'Hopefully everything goes good this weekend.' "Inoue, are you hungry?" Ichigo asked, they didn't eat and he wanted to take her to get some food if she was. "No Kurosaki-kun, im not." As she finished her sentence, her stomach growled, as her face was set a flame. "Lets go Inoue,  I know the perfect place to eat."

He led her to a small burger place a few  stores down from the dress shop. They got a booth, and sat down waiting for their orders to be taken. Orihime had a simple cheese burger, with red bean paste and fries. Ichigo had a grilled buffalo chicken with ranch, and some fries himself. As they brought the food, they had also ordered two waters and some ice cream, for after their meal. When the plates were sat down, they started eating, with little conversation. 
As they both finished up their drinks and food. The waiters brought a single bowl of icecream with two spoons. " we thought you two would like a single bowl to share on your date." A cheerful blonde worker said as she gave them a little smile. Orihime just blushed as the waitress  walked away. Ichigo noticed, her shy posture now. He decided to just pick up his spoon and take a bite. " wow, Inoue this ice cream is so good you should try some." She was snapped from her thoughts by Ichigo's voice, she joined in eating the icecream and enjoying the rest of their lunch, forgetting what the waitress had said.

After the lunch, the pair walked to the tux store, and finished rather quickly. Ichigo went with a simple black tux and white tie. After he payed, he and Orihime started walking back through  the mall to find the exit. The sun was still fairly high when they exited the mall, so they decided to cut through the park, just to pass more time. As they walked, through the last few trees, Orihime glanced at Ichigo, she noticed, the scowl marks, missing, replaced with a small smile. 'Kurosaki-kun, never smiles' she thought.  Ichigo felt her looking at him, but decided not to bother her gaze. As they turned out of the park, and onto the alleyway, behind a large building. Three rugged men leaned against the wall.
"What is this we have here, a nice little couple, coming back from a date." The first man said, his torn clothes fitting his dark brown hair and dirt stained face. The other two, looking fairly similar to him, just chuckled in response. Ichigo felt the threat, and lightly tugged Orihimes wrist to keep walking. As the three men noticed His subtle action, they drew their attention to Orihime. They stared at her body, eyes skimming over her long legs, to wide hips. They moved up her slim waist to her abundant chest, to her nervous face. "What a babe, you have there." The first man said again, taking a step towards Orihime. Ichigo, stopped dead in his tracks. He simply handed Orhime his bag, and punched the man once in the face. The other two swarmed the fallen man. Ichigo then grasped her wrist once again, and led her out of the alleyway. " Kurosaki-kun...?" Orihime asked, worry scattering her once relaxed tone. Ichigo's eyes were slanted, and his former scowl clouded his previously smiling face. His reietsu felt violent, like a wars blood, pouring from his stiff body. As Orihime seen he wasnt going to answer, she reached her other hand, to touch the side of his angry face. From the touch of her smooth, cool  palm, Ichigo turned to look at her. She gave him a small smile from his less cloudy eyes. " Its okay Kurosaki-kun, nothing is the matter anymore." He relaxed completely, and continued walking her all the way home. With the thoughts of this weekend, fresh in his mind.