Chapter 7

It was the day after graduation, though you couldn't really tell by the amount of people still lingering around Hogwarts. One of such being Lucius Malfoy, much to Harry's annoyance. Apparently Lucius and Severus used to date. Which for some reason made Harry's own jealousy flare sharply whenever he saw Lucius within 10 feet of Severus.

Whenever Lucius was within the vicinity of Severus the grown man felt like he was a teenager again, but he would be damned if he was searching for that man's approval again. He didn't have to search for approval or beg for the slightest bit of affection anymore. Harry gave all of that freely, even though Lucius was standing in front of him talking about Merlin knows what, he smiled softly, letting it slip through his mask as he thought about Harry.

Harry frowned, having come around the corner to see Lucius rambling on about something 'important' while Severus...Severus was smiling. Worse, he was smiling the smile that he only gave Harry. At least, Harry had thought it was only his. He backed away, his chest hurting as he spun, not even bothering to be quiet about slamming the door behind him.

Severus heard the door slam but it didn't register because he was too busy trying to escape Lucius so he could find Harry. When he finally escaped the clutches of the evil older Malfoy, he headed for his rooms. Sending a patronus to Harry telling him that he needed to see him about grades or some other lie to get him to the dungeons incase someone was around to hear. He walked in, stripping his cloak and poured him a glass of whisky, waiting for the man he loved.

Harry frowned at the patronus. Swallowing down a sigh, he headed toward the dungeons, knowing that Severus had sent it just so they could spend time together, but the sight of Severus smiling at Lucius still burned in his mind.

Severus sat in front of the fireplace sipping his drink as Harry walked through the door, he'd set his wards to allow the other man in and he knew Severus' password. He looked up and gave Harry a soft smile, genuinely happy to see him.

Harry tried to return the smile, finding himself unable as he blinked at Severus, hurt clear on his face.

Severus' smile dropped instantly,standing up.  "What's wrong, love?" He asked, worried.

Harry chewed on his bottom lip. "I'm fine." He gave Severus a small, shaky smile, kicking off his shoes and trying to act like nothing was wrong

Severus frowned, setting his glass down, walking towards harry. "No, what is it?" He asked.

"I'm fine." Harry shook his head, refusing to meet Severus' eyes.

Severus sighed, grabbing Harry's chin gently and made him look him in the eyes. "What is going on?" He asked sternly.

Harry's eyes flashed in frustration. "I saw you." he snapped, pulling away, hurt still on his face.

Severus' eyes got wide for a second, not expecting the slight outburst. Confusion replacing the shock. "Saw me do what exactly?" He asked, confused raising an eyebrow.

"I saw you two talking, smiling." Harry pursed his lips, taking a step back.

"Who?" Severus asked, still completely confused

"Lucius Malfoy." Harry all but spat the name.

Severus' eyes widened slightly then narrowed at Harry. " What exactly are you accusing me of, little one?" He said dangerously low.

Harry shivered at the name, forcing himself to not lower his eyes or anything. "You were smiling at him! Looking infatuated. " his face was red, eyes watering since the pet name had been uttered. "What the hell am I supposed to think?"

Severus' eyes flash. "I won't be accused of ridiculous things." He said angrily.

"Then maybe you shouldn't DO them!" Harry snapped, hurt still on his face before he shook his head.. "Nevermind." He huffed, turning toward the door. "I just thought I was the one you looked at like that. ... You could have just told me if you didn't want me.." he shook his head again, throwing his hands up in the air before stomping out, slamming the door behind him like he had in the hall