Tame

The clock is ticking and it's eight 'o clock in the stormy cold and moist morning. I was reading the headline of a twenty-year-old newspaper while sipping on my hot cup of coffee when the phone rang. It was my boss, Mister Right, reminding me about my interview with the lone survivor of the infamous Aquatic Park massacre in the eerie town of Lily. A tragedy that no one wants  to talk about. A memory that keeps haunting the people of Lily.  And guess what? Today, it's the 20th freaking anniversary year. 

While driving on my way to my destination, I got chills, so I wrapped my tassel scarf around my neck to keep me warm and comfortable in a very long exhausting drive all the way to the town of Lily. And after a very long drive, I went out of my car. I stretched out and moved my aching hips and legs, back and fort, to ease the cramps away. And then, when I looked at the point of my destination, suddenly I feel strange and scared when the very cold fog caresses me as if it's welcoming me in a very, very cold embraced. It's the weirdest thing that ever happened to me. And while climbing to the garden of stairs all the way to the very old creepy mansion, I softly knocked at the very huge antic door with my very cold hand and an old nanny welcomed me. She greeted me with a sweet smile and her very mysterious eyes caught my attention. She quickly brought me to her master.

Inside the dark spooky room, I saw an old man in a wheelchair. He greeted me and with his rusty voice, he told me to sit down on an antique chair. My camera started rolling as he opened his lips.  

"It was a sunny Sunday morning. I was excited to treat and surprise my three year old daughter, Mayumi to Aquatic Park. It was the first day of the said park. Hundreds of people gathered there to celebrate the first ever Aquatic Park in the town of Lily. And so, everyone is excited to witness the grand opening. All the very prominent and rich people were invited on the said special occasion. Mayumi and I were having fun with the dolphin show. She volunteered to feed the dolphins. I saw the happiness on her face and it was very genuine. Her laughter is a music to my ear. And her smile is the most beautiful thing that I ever saw. My heart is singing on that morning. She is my precious child, the one the gives me joy! 

Everything was perfect until one dolphin unexpectedly attacked Mayumi's neck! I was shocked! I hurriedly grabbed her away from the mad dolphin and then I went back to the tank. I noticed the eyes of the dolphin became red and it's getting fiercer. The Aquatic Park was surrounded with terror! It was a bloodbath as the mad dolphins keep attacking the people from the audience and eating them alive! And loud screams echoed throughout the Aquatic Park. People panicked, frightened, hurt and killed. Even the trainer and care taker of the dolphins never been spared. I asked myself, "What was happening with these adorable dolphins?" I noticed the sea water turned black and smelled stinky! I was terrified to know that it was actually the chemical waste flowing from the nearby factory, that made these dolphins turned violent! From a distance, I was panicked to see other sea animals gone mad as hell too, as they jumped up out of water!  Attacking and eating their own kind as well.

Suddenly, I screamed aloud on the top of my lungs as I felt a horrific pain while the mad dolphin was pleasurably biting my legs! I managed myself to get out from the water and then suddenly the mad dolphins and other sea animals crying out loud as the blood burst out from their red eyes, and they immediately died horrendously! I was crawling on the floor to get Mayumi where I left her, but she was gone! I felt devastated!

Yes, I must confess! I was blinded by greed and power! Not thinking about the safety and future of our sea animals. I felt guilty of what I did! Because of my factory, they were perished along with my precious daughter, Mayumi. Our world would never be the same without those adorable sea animals." he said while his tears drips profusely. 

"Hey...is that c-camera still on?", he said in a frown face.

"Oh! Yes, it is sir.",  I told him.

"M-mayumi, my long-lost d-daughter, where are you? I'm looking for you everywhere since you've been gone. If you are still alive and watching this, please my baby.....please come home to daddy. I'm really missing you so much..... I l-love you and I'll be waiting for you until my last b-breath.......I'm very sorry, Mayumi for I have lost you......", he said in a trembling voice as he wiped his tears.  

My camera stopped rolling after a heartfelt interview. I'm about to walk toward the old man, to give comfort and offer him my handkerchief.  And then suddenly, the old nanny pushed me away from the old man and pulled my hair. And she shouted, "Oh my! What have you done? You made my master very upset! You're a bad, bad, bad woman! Stay away from him!" The sweet old nanny turned into a rude person in no apparent reason. And she became hysterical. She is trying to get my camera, while she's keep pushing me into the main door. And she continued saying, "Get out of here! You stupid woman! And don't ever bother my master anymore! You are not welcome here! I don't want to see your face again! Keep out!!!" I felt harassed and traumatized by her and promised to myself that I will never step my feet on that old mansion ever again. 

While driving back to the office, I removed my tassel scarf around my neck. The tears suddenly start rolling down my cheeks while slowly caressing the deep, big scar on my neck, "Sorry too, Daddy."  

                               *********THE END**************

© 2018 Kuya Ronnie Tagumpay© All rights reserved 2018

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, things, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by an information storage and retrieval system without permission in writing from the author.