Chapter 2 : Hopeful

Start from the beginning

Jisoo was in her room one night, looking through companies she can apply for. Suddenly she came across a company called Park's Empire.

She bit on her lip and clicked on it. She was hopeful for some reason. All the details of the company started loading and a small picture of the young CEO popped up.

Jisoo smiled at that, you made it Jinyoung. She thought. Jisoo leaned her head on the headboard and sighed as she started recalling their memories together.

"Jinyoung, are you not sleepy?", Jisoo said as she yawned.

"Oh come on Jisoo, I don't feel like sleeping.", Jinyoung said.

"Ugh Jinyoung, you don't but I do.", Jisoo said.

"Stay here with me.", Jinyoung said, "Please.", he said as he turned to her.

"Okay Jinyoung.", she said with a sigh, giving in.

"Thank you.", Jinyoung grinned.

"Why here?", Jisoo asked after awhile.

"What do you mean why here?", Jinyoung asked back and Jisoo let out a small laugh as she turned to face him, they were lying down beside each other just looking at the stars in the sky.

"I mean..why the rooftop?", Jisoo said, eyes sparkling. Jinyoung sat up and faced Jisoo who sat up as well seconds after.

"Well, because...it feels like we're free here, and it feels like we're in our own world, it feels like its just you and me up here, and I like it.", Jinyoung said with a smile.

"Really? I feel like that too when we're here, together.", she smiled, "Thanks for bringing me here.", she said as she exhaled, admiring the night sky.

"Thank you for making this place even more meaningful than it already is.", he said and she smiled at him and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Jisoo shrugged off the distant memory, and she turned her attention back to her laptop screen which still had Jinyoung's photo on it.

Suddenly, an idea popped up into Jisoo's head.

"Should I apply here..", Jisoo said to herself as she chewed on her lip, "Maybe I should...", she said.

-

Jinyoung walked into his house and made his way to the kitchen to get something to drink, it had been a long day at work. He was bored but he didn't want to go out alone so he decided to call Jennie to ask her if she wanted to hang out.

Jennie picked up after a few rings.

"Hey, what's up?", Jennie said, it sounded like she had been crying.

"Hey, not much, are you alright?", Jinyoung asked his bestfriend.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just sick.", Jennie sniffled.

"Oh really? Then nevermind, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out for drinks later.", Jinyoung said.

"Sorry Jinyoung, I can't tonight, I have a busy schedule until weekends.", Jennie said.