Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too

Start from the beginning

I glared at him. "Give me a good reason why I should be nice to that bitch."

"She's human. She has feelings too. She gets hurt a lot. I think she needs someone to be there for her, and that should be you. Do you ever think about apologizing to her?" Sammy leaned against the wall.

Apologize..?

No... Why would I want to apologize to her?

I hate her.

That's weird. I remember you debating whether or not you should apologize to her long ago. And then something changed your mind...

Shut the fuck up, ugh.

I rolled my eyes again. "If I find an actual good reason I should apologize, I will."

"Why're you defending her though," Owen asked.

Sammy shrugged. "I don't know. Just can we finish the plan or what?"

I stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder. "First, we have to go say hi to our little friend."

The rest followed as we walked to the hospital. The front lady stared at us as we walked in.

"Hello, ma'am," I said, smiling. "Can we see our friend?"

She nodded. "What's his name?"

"Matthew."

"Okay, Room 27."

"Thank you." We walked to the room and we went inside.

Matthew was sitting on the hospital bed. His head was wrapped in a bandage, his arm had a cast, along with his leg, and he looked up. His startled face turned into a glare.

"What did you do to Evanna?" He asked, anger visible in his voice.

I smiled. "Nothing much. But don't bother talking to her. She probably hates you."

"What did you do?" He demanded.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

Matthew turned to Sammy. "You're a fucking dick, you know that? Actually all of you are."

Sammy grinned. "Thanks. But really, Evanna is a mess because of you."

Matthew scoffed. "How could you guys treat someone like that? Jayden, do you understand what you're doing and how awful it is?"

Yes, I do. Why am I doing—

No. Don't forget. She stole everything from you. Everyone hates you. She ruined your life.

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, Evanna will be very upset with you. But, I don't think you'll be talking to her anytime soon."

Matthew looked like he wanted to kill me, and he probably did. "Why can't you leave her alone?"

"That's none of your fucking business," I growled.

Matthew nodded. "Oh. Is it maybe because you're insecure and you have nothing better to do so you bring down others to make yourself feel better?

"Evanna didn't do shit. It's all in your head. Can't you see how nice she is? Why don't you back off?"

"What are you going to do?" I challenged, smiling. "Tell me."

Matthew gripped onto the bed rail tightly. "Leave her alone."

"You won't do shit," I said, grinning. "So we're gonna go. By the way, you're gonna need a new phone."

We walked out, the rest trailing behind me. We separated, walking home. I stopped at a nearby park and sat on one of the benches, staring at the nice view.