Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too

Start from the beginning

"Sorry," I muttered, feeling bad. "I'm trying to get used this..."

I knew he was hurt, but he hid it. "I shouldn't have hurt you in the first place. I'm so sorry."

It was silent between us two until Daniel spoke up. "I'm bored."

"What do you want to do?"

"Play video games."

"You're good?"

"Probably better than you."

"You're on."
——————

I covered my mouth in shock as Daniel threw his controller across the room. I couldn't help it, but few giggles escaped my lips, and soon, it turned into a full laughter.

"What the fuck?" Daniel swore. "How did you beat me all seven times? That's so not fair! You cheated!"

I fell down off the couch, laughing. "You suck at this game."

Daniel's expression was priceless. "I'm literally the best!"

"The game says otherwise."

Daniel hugged and sat back down after grabbing his controller. "Who taught you this?"

"My dad. We used to play video games together... and... uh," my voice slowly faltered.

"Hey," Daniel mumbled. "Wanna play something else?"

I nodded. "Sure... what game do you want to play?"            

                                                                                            ---------

J A Y D EN

"The plan was," I repeated, angrily. "Make her think that you're the only one she has and then betray her. Not use her for homework!"

Sammy sighed. "Yeah, I know that. But, this is all your idea. I should get something in return. You made me do this so I should at least treat myself with something, no?"

I rolled my eyes. "Evanna is gonna find out."

Sammy smiled. "No she won't. I know what I'm doing."

"How's Matthew?" Blake asked.

Kevin shrugged. "All I know is that you guys beat him up badly enough to make him miss school for a few months. He's been in the hospital for a month now."

"Why do you hate Evanna so much though?" Sammy asked. "She's actually not that bad, and I'm kinda starting to feel bad. What did she do to you?"

The room went silent as everyone exchanged nervous glances. I laughed. "You wanna know? She came into my life and ruined everything. Do you know how it feels to have your own family taken away by a stranger?"

Sammy stared at me. "But... Is it her fault? I mean, I don't think she had much of a choice. Her mom's dead and her father treats her terribly from what I heard."

"Are you defending her?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

Sammy shook his head. "No, but I think maybe you should try opening up to her."