Chapter 56: Falling Apart

Start from the beginning

Sometimes, I wished they would. But I know they're scared. I don't want them to be dragged into my problem.

Teachers don't get involved either. They're all scared of Jayden. He can make them lose their job in 6 seconds, so I understand why they won't help me.

It's okay, though.

It's okay...

"Heads up!" Owen shouted, and I felt something hard hit my head.

I fell towards, dropping all of my stuff. A football rolled past me, and I could hear people snickering and whispering around me.

"I warned you," Owen shrugged, grinning.

I slowly gathered my stuff, when Sammy ran up to me and helped me.

"Ooh! Helping your girlfriend, I see!" Ryan laughed.

Sammy glared at him. "She's not my girlfriend."

"Okay, then, she rejected you?" Hunter asked, laughing.

Sammy scoffed. "Like you're any better. How many girls have rejected you?"

The hallway went silent, everyone's attention on them.

"Whatever your name is," Jayden said. "Go run off with your girlfriend."

Sammy rolled his eyes. "Or what?"

This reminded me of the time where Matthew stood up for me...

The hallway erupted in 'oohs', some people taking out a phone to record the fight.

"Or I'll beat the shit out of you," Jayden replied, taking off his headphones. "So fuck off."

"You think you're so tough," Sammy chuckled. "I'd like to see you try."

Jayden put his hands in his pocket, staring at Sammy. "You won't last a second."

"Sammy," I nudged his arm. "Let's go."

Sammy glared at Jayden one last time before walking away, dragging me by my arm. "Why don't you stand up to him?"

I winced under his grip. "I'm sorry. I tried but—"

Sammy sighed. "I hate him so much. He shouldn't do that to people."

I hugged Sammy. "Please don't get in fights. Especially with Jayden. I can't afford to lose you."

Sammy hugged me back. "Don't worry. I won't."

"Promise?"

Sammy laughed. "You're so childish."

I frowned. "Sammy, really. Promise me you won't get hurt?"

"Fine, I promise."

"Okay..."

"Let's go to the library and study."

I nodded. "Yeah... sounds good."

Sammy always seemed to be by my side. I liked him a lot as a friend. He was so helpful and nice... well, sometimes.