Chapter 19: Baby Secrets

I smiled as Shelby looked at me with her own smile. She handed me a cupcake and took her own. "Cheers to new lives." She said smiling. I look to my side and see officer Reynolds coming towards Shelby with a big smile. He took her in his arms and kissed her softly, or what looked like softly. I laughed and playfully gagged. Shelby smacked my shoulder lightly. John walked over and wrapped his arms around me.

"Careful, precious." He said but stopped himself. Shelby looked at us suspiciously, and that made me look up at John. "Alright everyone, we have an announcement." He said loud enough for the entire room to hear even grandma. They all perked up and stood around the room, the music being paused. I looked up at John and slowly took his hand. "As you all know, we just came home from our honeymoon, now many people have asked why so early, she got sick two days ago and we didn't know why. So we got a blood test to see what was wrong, and we got the results." He pulled out the papers. "Here are what the results are, but we're not gonna let you read them until we finish, Angelic will you tell them?" He asked looking down at me with a smile. I smiled at him and nodded.

"We came because." I looked around as many people we're leaning in to know why. I smiled huge and opened my arms. "Because I'm pregnant." I said happily. Many people gasped but after they did, they erupted into cheers. His parents came over to look at the results and then they smiled as they realized they were gonna be grandparents. I smiled at them as they hugged me. Shelby and dad walked over to me and hugged me at the same time. John sighed.

"Careful, precious cargo." He said with a slight laugh. I smiled at him and took his hand through the hug.

"You be good to my daughter now since she is carrying your young. Please." Dad said nicely and carefully. John smiled and nodded to my dad.

"Of course sir, I would never hurt her, I have already made that promise to Shelby and you and her grandma." He said laughing making them laugh.

"Daddy I will always be your little girl." I said softly as he kissed my head. He sighed with a smile and let me go so I could go to John.

"I know you will Cupcake, I am going to retire to bed, I have to get up to return home." He said sadly. I looked down. John then said something that shocked me.

"Why don't you and Shelby move in here? There's plenty of space. I see my parents everyday, I at least want Angel to see her father and sister." I smiled up at him. Dad smiled big and so did Shelby.

"It's a deal, I will head home to gather my clothing and all I need. Shelby you too." He said looking at her. "And Cupcake, be careful now, you have some precious cargo on board." Dad said laughing making all of us laugh. Everyone was starting to leave, and I felt more tired with each goodbye I could muster. Grandma lived down the road, yes I just found this out, and were all close together, one big happy family. A family.