Chapter 8: Blue

As the moon slowly rose, a bell rang through the hall. I set down my dinner and walked into the hall.

"Alright ladies, be in bed by ten o'clock sharp, tomorrow is a big day. Individually you all will be evaluated, be prepared and goodnight." Jameson, another butler, told us. I nodded and entered my room.

I picked up my soup again and took spoonfuls until it was gone. A sudden knock came to my door.

"Come in." I said setting the bowl and spoon back on the tray. I looked up to see John step in with roses. He smiled at me and inched his way closer to me.

"I thought since it was a nice night, that we could go on a walk." He handed me the roses and a smiled spread across my face.

"I'd love too." I said setting the flowers onto my bed as I placed my hand in the extended one he held out.

"Let's head this way." He said leading me out the back way into a beautiful rose garden. I was speechless as we walked to a bench.

"It's so beautiful." I said breathlessly. He chuckled lightly as we sat down.

"I'm kinda glad I met you in that cafe." He gazed into my eyes. He lifted his hand and stroked my cheek, our faces inched closer. Our lips lightly grazed each other, but as we were about to kiss, Sarah came out with rage, ripped us apart.

Before either of us could react, she stole his lips in a rough kiss.

The thing that surprised me most, he didn't push her away, only just kissed her back.