Chapter 6: Raven

Her words were scared, hurt, worried. The clothes fell from my hands onto the floor. She watched every movement, as I collapsed into a chair.

"Who'd you kill?" I asked as she grabbed the clothes. She held up her bag of clothes, her face was filled with emotion, she sat in front of me.

"My husband." Her words were soft, filled sadness. That's what brought the question to my head.

"Why?" She looked down at her hands and sighed.

"So this morning he was drinking again. As e walked in, another girl under his arm. He sent her up to our bedroom. He walked into the kitchen and told me to make the breakfast. I told him no. So he shoved me against the counter and started hitting me." She started crying, I hugged her not caring about the blood anymore.

She sniffled and pulled away from the hug whipping her eyes then played with her fingers, she started up again.

"I guarded my stomach. As he continued to punch me, I grabbed the closest thing to me, my cutting knife." She started to scratch her arm.

"He didn't stop so... I punctured the knife into his chest. He gasped for air and collapsed on top of me, taking his last breath."

"As the girl came down, I made sure she couldn't see, so I locked h t in the closet. That's when I packed my bag and ran out, calling you." She she stopped, I sighed.

"Shelby it was self defense." I stood up and lead her to the bathroom.

"Take a shower and I'll take you to the extra bedroom." She slowly nodded and I left her in the bathroom, giving her privacy.

A light knock came to my door, opening the door, John stood there in nice jeans and a muscle tee.

Just seeing him like that made me take a double take, he had tight muscles, big biceps, and overall just hot.

I started thinking of all the things he could do to me with that body of his.

"I had to see you again before tomorrow." He pushed in and closed the door. He kissed me making me melt, as I felt the wall hit my back.

He lifted me up by my thighs and held me there. I heard the bathroom door open and a shriek. He pulled away and dropped me gently.

"Sorry." He said. He walked to the door and left.

I was left breathless with a shocked sister.