Chapter 9: Leave

Last nights events kept playing through my head. The way they kissed, that wasn't until I heard moans coming from Sarah's room that I knew they were fucking.

I whipped the single tear that fell from my eyes and fixed my light makeup.

Today was when he evaluated each of us, alone. I sighed as a maid came in and set the tray with my breakfast on it.

She smiled softly at me. "I can do your hair." She said as she took the brush out of my hands and started going through my red hair.

"Lady Sarah is leaving today. John caught her with another man in her bed." The mains said. I read her name tag, Silvia.

"I thought he was gonna choose her." I said. She smiled and started to put my hair in a French braid.

"All of the maids and kitchen staff are rooting for you." She spoke ever so softly like she might get caught.

"Why me though?" I asked looking at her through the mirror.

"Well miss, you don't talk badly about others, you have caught John's attention. And your so much more beautiful then all of those fake bimbos." We both laughed at the comment.

"You should hear what I think." She laughed more. "But thank you." She nodded and finished the braid.

"I'll be back later with lunch." I lightly nodded and started to eat the breakfast.

We were each talked to, next was me, I kept taking deep breaths.

A knock came to my door. I slowly opened the door to come face to face with John.

"Hello Angel." He said stepping in.

"Hey." I said softly sitting across from him in the chairs. I started to play with the hem of my shirt.

"Alright Angel, tell me everything." He said leaning back in his chair. So I did.

I told him how I lost my first tooth, about my parents, my sister, my hometown. Everything. He sat there and listened, I didn't know how he was so easy to talk to.

He laughed at the jokes I told and he cracked some as well. It felt like we were the only two people left in the world. He slowly stood up.

"Alright, time for me to leave and go make a decision for tomorrow." He planted a kiss on my forehead and left the room.

As I was about to take a bath, another knock came to my door. I heard two voices I didn't really recognize. I slowly opened the door to be greeted with a slap to the face.

I turned my head to see Ivy and Olive, looking upset.

"Stay away from John, he's gonna choose me or Olive, and you need to stay away from him or else." Ivy said. I rolled my eyes.

"Or else what, you gonna run to daddy?" I said standing my ground, Ivy gave me a cold stare as Olive slapped me again.

"Or else." They said together and stormed off. I sighed and went to take a bath.

The stars glistened and I stepped out on my balcony.

"Mom, I hope you can hear me, I love you." My mother died when I was two, time to show the other girls whose boss.