Chapter Thirteen: Bad Memories

Shelby laughed as she danced around and she finally sat down across from me taking another shot. I rolled my eyes and took the alcohol away from her. She gasped and reached for the strong liquid.

"Shelby I think you've had enough." I said dumping the liquid into a trash can. She crossed her arms over her chest and pouted slightly. She sighed and sat back as I grabbed two water bottles from a table with the alcohol beverages.

"So I saw you on the papers." A masculine voice said from behind me. I slowly turned around to be met by my older brother. He was much older, from the last time I saw him. He smirked slightly as he looked me over. "Have always been a beauty." He said. I took in a sharp breath, as I remembered everything he's done. He was adopted and no blood relation to me, but he did so many bad things, especially to me. I glared sharply as I shoved him away and walked back to Shelby. He walked closely behind me but Shelby noticed and glared sharply at him. She stood up and got in front of me, guarding his view of me.

"Your not welcome here, Ryan." She said as she moved backwards, making me sit down. He chuckled and grabbed her by the shoulders and moved her to the side. He sat her down on the other side of the table and walked to my side.

"So Angelic, where's the baby?" He asked. My eyes widened, he brought up something I tried to hide. He smirked and lifted my chin with his fingers. He leaned down and whispered in my ear. "How was being pregnant for 6 months?" He asked. He grabbed my long red hair and pulled it hard making me stand up. Shelby stood up and reached for me, but he pulled me away.

"Now now Shelby, I'm just getting started." He pulled something black out of his pocket. I felt it touch my side as he bit at my ear. Shelby saw the black object and she panicked. She grabbed for her phone on the table, but Ryan shot her phone, leaving a hole in the nice table, making the entire club erupt in screams.

"No one is gonna come for you, Shelby, even Angelic isn't safe. Now, let's have fun." He said as he pointed the gun back to my side. I whimpered and he pulled my hair harder, making me cry. He laughed darkly and shoved me into the booth. He grabbed Shelby and shoved her into the booth as well. I heard sirens outside, and he growled and grabbed me as the door to the VIP area burst open. He put the gun to my head while holding a handful of my hair. I saw John run in, but as he saw me, his face went to anger and sadness. He tried to rush at Ryan but the cops held him back. "Nobody move, or she dies." He said as he pulled me against him making it harder for me to escape. Shelby was behind him, and she grabbed a champagne bottle and smashed it against his head making him lose his grip of me and collapse. I ran to John and Shelby was right behind me, checking me for injuries. She sighed as she rubbed my back as John held me.

"It's okay, you're safe." John whispered in my ear. Shelby walked with a cop to answer some questions as the medical team checked me. John continued to stroke my hair, but the moment was short lived as Ryan began shouting insults my way.

"I will get you Angelic, your precious fiance can't save you from me." He shouted, Shelby was quick to react as she ran to me and held me to her chest like she used to do when we were teenagers. I sighed as John rubbed my back and laid his head on my back soothingly. I slowly removed myself from Shelby to answer some questions for the police. I kissed John and walked to a table with Officer Reynolds. He handed me a water bottle and a blanket, pulling out his notepad.

"Can you tell me why Ryan Hartman is after you? Isn't he your brother?" He asked looking at me with a calm, gentle look. I took a drink of water and thought of things to say, true things. "Take your time Miss. Hartman." He said. I sighed and finally looked up at Officer Reynolds.

"Ryan Hartman isn't my blood brother, he was adopted when I was six. At the time he was ten." I said as I started to shake. "When I turned seven, he started acting weird. Not the good kind of weird, the creepy kind." I took a shallow breath.

"What happened then Miss. Hartman?" He asked, he was being kind, I wish Shelby would have a nice guy like him.

"He started coming into my room when I was changing, or come into the bathroom when I was just getting out, he would come in and look at me and not leave until I was covered or when I yelled at him to leave." I said, my hands were shaking, I looked over to John.

"Would you like your fiance and sister over here?" He asked as he saw my weary look. I slowly nodded and he stood up only to come back with Shelby and John. "Please continue Miss. Hartman." Officer Reynolds said. I smiled weakly as Shelby sat next to Officer Reynolds so I could at least see her and John was to the left of me, holding my hand.

"He continued to make it an everyday thing, until I became twelve. Than the night of my twelfth birthday, he slipped into my dark room, and started putting his hands on me." I took a deep breath, Shelby nodded as she had a sour face on her features. "He slipped his hands under my shirt, down my pants, and became very sexual." I wiped away the tears that fell as John sighed and pulled me against his side. "Every night he came back, and the night of Halloween he came in, I sat in my chair at my desk, Shelby in my closet because I told her what was happening. I was to scared to tell my parents." Shelby walked to my side and looked at the officer.

"It was awful." Shelby said, but she didn't continue as it was my story to tell. She rubbed my back as John still held me to his side.

"I asked Shelby to bring in her camera, one that recorded videos, and she did, to record so our parents would see." I took another sip of water and squeezed Shelby's arm as I continued. "He took me out of my chair and threw me to my bed, I was still lost at what he was doing until he started pantsing me. He was just on top of me, already inside, as Shelby burst out of the closet and threw him off me, checking me for injuries and covering me up." Shelby gave a weak smile and rubbed my arm in comfort.

"Thank you Miss. Hartman, but he also mentioned something about a baby too." Officer Reynolds said, I slowly nodded and held my breath.

"I didn't get pregnant by him, my ex-boyfriend, Michael got me pregnant. I lost the baby because Ryan knew about it, and told Michael to kill it." I said, I sniffled. Officer Reynolds stood up.

"I will go take Ryan Hartman to the police station, he will bother you no more." I nodded and he walked away. Shelby ran after the officer, only to get his number shortly after. I smiled as my sister walked back with a piece of paper.

"Should I call him tomorrow?" She asked. I laughed and John shook his head frantically.

"Call him in a week, so it doesn't seem like your desperate." He said as he kissed the top of my head. She nodded and put it in her purse and helped me stand up.

"Let's finish our party in your room." She said. John smiled as he walked to his car and we walked to the limo waiting outside.