24; Whatever It Takes *

Start from the beginning

"Bítch."

"Speak a bit louder so the rest of the voices in my head can hear too," I quipped back easily, finding it hard to supress the smile on my face at the look on Lucien's face. "Grumpy."

"Shut up."

"Make me," I replied, my words leaving a sudden spike of tension to flood the bathroom when Lucien narrowed his eyes at me and pressed his lips together, the both of us seemingly thinking back to the séx we'd had last night when I watched Lucien inhale a sharp breath before glaring at me.

"No," he spoke bluntly. "You'd enjoy it too much," he said to me, his words leaving me with no control over my devious smile when I watched him shake his head at me before he stripped and then walked into my shower naked. "Strawberry and passionfruit...really?"

"Just for you," I drawled out amusedly at the tone of his voice, my eyes scanning over the misted outline of his body as I watched him pick up my shower gels and then turn on the shower with an unimpressed sound grumbling past his lips.

I used the time he cleaned himself to re do parts of my makeup whilst I ignored the fact that he was naked in my bathroom, the memories from last night leaving me fighting off another smile as I rubbed my red lips together and then walked out the bathroom to see Aaron lying on my bed like a starfish.

"You okay?" I asked when I registered the thinking look on his face, his head snapping up to look at me as he spoke.

"I have a weird and bad feeling about tonight," Aaron said, his face scrunched up in unease as he sat up and looked at me whilst I tightened the bow on my robe, my eyes slightly narrowing at him when he sighed and rubbed his hands into his face before looking up at me again. "I don't want you to get hurt."

I smiled small.

"I won't, don't worry," I reassured him, seeing him stare at me for a few moments before he nodded and then looked down to his phone when it started ringing beside the foot of the bed.

He retrieved it easily and excused himself to walk out of the room to take the call after he'd reminded me that we had to leave in ten minutes, his movements leaving me to walk into my closet at the same time Lucien emerged from the bathroom with a fluffy white towel tied around his hips, the sight of him pushing back strands of his wet hair from his forehead leaving a deep heated twist to melt my insides instantly.

Fück.

"...and you tell me that I stare?"

I looked up at Lucien from the middle of my closet when he spoke, my eyes struggling to settle on his face when his entire upper body was on show.

It wasn't surprising that the sight of tattoos and muscles was becoming one of my favourites, my tongue swiping across my lower lip as I hummed and inhaled before meeting Lucien's gaze as he stood a few steps away from me.

"You do stare," I replied to him easily before turning around to distract myself with the outfit I'd already planned out to seduce the nurse, Emily, with, my distaste being something that I'd had to put aside when I'd picked out the simple casual outfit that all of Emily's significant other's had in common.

The thought only made me frown as I picked up the jacket and then the loose fitting jeans, my sigh resonating between my ears until I pressed my lips together and felt Lucien directly behind me, his body pressing into my back.

"Do you remember what I taught you about flirting?" he asked in a drawled out tone, almost half distant as his hands settled onto my waist and his head tilted to speak closer to my ear, the proximity between us leaving an all too familiar heat to leak in my veins as I recited what he'd told me out loud.