Wattpad: Free Stori - Er, Paid Stories You'll Love!

Start from the beginning

Or, if you really think your book is worth the money, why don't you publish it on Kindle or something like that? Why demand us Wattpaders, who, let's be real here, use this site because reading is free, to pay for your story? We might as well just go to the book store with that money and get a more polished book.

And I'm not saying that these authors are bad writers, but most of us publish our first drafts before even going back to polish it. So we would be paying for a mediocre story (compared to what the author could really do if they went back and edited professionally) when we could just go on Kindle or a real bookstore to buy a final draft of a good book.

If you really want support from your readers, just use Patreon or something where they can donate money for your hard work. In fact, there is a feature in this "Wattpad New" that allows readers to donate money in addition to paying for stories. Why not just leave in the donate money and leave out the pay to read?

Youtubers do this. And they only use ads to get paid. They don't lock their videos so you have to use a coin to watch them. Like, come on! If your readers really support and love you, and they are willing to pay coins to read your book, then they will wholeheartedly support you on Patreon or use this new Wattpad donation feature.

🔘 Popular writers are nobility.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh by saying this, but I feel like making us pay writers kind of makes them one of those big popular profiles that only work for the big numbers. You know what I'm saying? 

The kind of Wattpaders who only care about how big their books are and alienate their readers by not interacting with them. It isolates them from the rest of us like they are noble houses and we are commoners or something.

It started with those ads that you had watch to support the writers (which for some reason, I think Wattpad got rid of Update: nevermind, they are still here 😑). Only the really popular authors with thousands of followers got to be paid that way.

It's just unfair for us smaller profiles with undiscovered books trying to get big on Wattpad. At this stage, it just feels like Wattpad only cares about the profiles with at least 25,000 followers.

Where are the updated benefits for us little folks? Huh? All these new changes are only making it harder for people who aren't popular to enjoy the site.

Already, there is a small wedge between the popular Wattpaders and the smaller folk. Not all the big Wattpaders interact with their followers and don't even look at the smaller writing profiles. I feel like paying them could drive an even bigger one between the big guys and little ol' us.

🔘 What if I don't like the book?

You get it, right? What if I decide to pay to read a book and end up not liking it at all. I have wasted my money just opening it. The News & Updates book from the Wattpad profile never mentioned anything about the first chapters being free. So I'm guessing we have to pay right off the bat.

So, if we don't like it and don't want to continue...Well, I guess it's too bad because we wasted a coin to open up a book. You know, even the books on Amazon have FREE samples of the book so you can see if you'll like the writing style and story before buying.

And by the way: