"Have a present, kid!" It yelled as the present was tossed toward Mugman. The young mug gasped and stopped short as he remembered the horse's exploding gifts. Blue wrapping paper exploded a few feet in front of Mugman. Eight golden horseshoes spiraled his way. Mug quickly raised his arms to shield his face from the speeding projectiles. The metal objects bounced off of the child's arms and torso. A forced "Ow!" accompanied each of the clanging noises that ricocheted off his body. Mangosteen had recovered from the initial blast by this time.

"Take care of him, Mangosteen!" Phear Lap hissed at his ally. The tattered 8-ball looked over at the stunned mug.

"With pleasure!" It boomed back. The black ball began hover and accelerate toward the child.

"Mugman, watch out!" The elderly kettle tried to warn his boy. Mug's arms lowered just as the overgrown 8-ball barreled right into him. A full body-slam sent the young mug tumbling across the field and back toward the market. A little liquid from his mug sloshed over his brim as his body tumbled over itself again and again.

"Augh!" Mug grunted as his glass body tumbled over itself one last time. He landed flat on his back. Pain rippled throughout his body, almost as if he had been temporarily paralyzed.

"Nnnnn....." Mugman groaned as his eyes squeezed shut.

"Mugs, get out of there!" Kettle shouted to his child as he realized that Mangosteen still wasn't done with his small enemy. The voice traveled all the way to Mug, who knew that tone meant urgency. Mugman placed his gloved hands down on the ground. He pressed hard as he forced himself into a sitting up position. The right hand rubbed his mug. His eyes barely fluttered open. The child was unaware that the 8-ball was charging another attack. Two large rows of teeth spread open wide as a rainbow orb charged between them. It then spit out the attack. The orb sounded like a laser as it traveled and picked up speed. Mug finally saw the attack, but not soon enough for him to get out of the way. It exploded on the child. A scream of pain echoed outside of the market. The scream attracted some of his friends as they gathered around.

"Mugman....!" Elder Kettle's voice wavered as the explosion engulfed his boy. Inkwell's residents weren't sure who to help first. Should they help Mugman? Or should they rescue Kettle from these shady characters?

"Let's go, you!" Phear Lap growled at the old man still in his grip. It tried to lead its victim away from the multiplying sets of eyes. Kettle struggled against the horse's grip. Brineybeard started to step forward. But Cagney held him back as he saw Mugman's body stand up as the smoke died down. His figure rose up as all the on-lookers watched the whole scene play out.

"Looks like the kid is ready for round 2!" Mangosteen boasted. Phear Lap turned back around as his partner said this.

"Don't those kids ever give up?" The horse questioned as he twisted the kettle back around to see the action.

"Huh?" The 8-ball wondered aloud when he saw the young mug still standing in the same spot. He was surprised that the child had not raced toward him once more. Instead, the little mug stood there breathing heavily. Its eyes were shot wide open with pupils shrunk down to mere dots. All of the spectators watched in confusion. The breathing turned to wheezing as his body began to tremble terribly. His once peaceful eyes transformed into a bright yellow color. Its pupils started to glow a fiery red. Sharp teeth grew from his mouth that hung open. Gloved fingers narrowed into knife-like claws.

As if coerced by some invisible force, Mugman's body rushed forward. An ungodly roar emitted from the child. As if he had been overtaken by something not of this world. The blue on his shorts, nose, and straw darkened. His eyes narrowed as they locked onto the 8-ball that had just blasted him. Spectators watched as the child had now doubled in size as he neared the thugs. His handle broke in the middle, creating sharp pieces of glass behind his head. Brown boots pressed on the ground and launched the nimble body high. Mangosteen hovered in his place, completely dumbfounded at what was happening. Two fists balled as dark blue magic surrounded them. The frothing hands came down with an incredible force. Mangosteen's shell began to crack as he was forced into the ground. Half of his body was buried into the once grassy ground. With that, Mug's roar ceased as he took a breath and moved his hands away from the cracked black shell. The magic surrounding his clawed hands dissolved away. A wicked and toothy smile came over the mug's face. His feet stood firmly on the slanted 8-ball as his fiery pupils locked onto the next target. Blue flames began to froth over the edge of his brim. Elder Kettle looked up at the mutated mug. Confusion and fear filled his heart. What had happened to his son? And why did he look like a monster from a fairy tale story gone wrong?