Sometimes it's good to skip dinner once in awhile

Começar do início

"Unfortunately, you both are still grounded. Curfew at 7pm right?" Suho said sternly while pointing his fork at me. I don't know if I will be happy since I can miss the dinner or be sad since I can't go out and I'm sure that she will plan something again to get me. "And DO, stop promoting your family's restaurant. It's going well on its own." Suho went back eating his meat.

"Got to love your own, right?" DO smiled cheekily.

"I guess I will just take a rain check and just call her." I said sadly hiding some forming happiness inside me since I would not see her tonight.

"Good. You're on dish duties tonight." Suho said while eating. "If you want to ask her out on a date desperately. You can date here. DO can surely cook something up on short notice or just order from Mt. Suzakun." He looked at DO who now is busy on slicing his meat.

"Yeah, why not bring her here so we can see." There is something on DO's smile that is bothering me.

"I will try to check on her first. Excuse me." I said while taking my phone out and trying to call her unregistered number on my phone. I think I'll add her to my phone contacts as Lucy short for lucifer or Demi short for demon. I decided I will just save her name as it is since those two cannot give her name justice. Taeyeon, a new brand of evil. I walked out of the kitchen and into the foyer. I see guards still roving. What if the guards would accidentally shoot Taeyeon?

After a few rings, she finally picked up. Finally, took her long enough. How hard can it be to answer the phone? It doesn't ask you for a very difficult direction on how to answer it. You just freaking need to slide it. She doesn't need to be flattered by this call because I hate her. I'm trying to be civil here at the least.

"Hello, baekie. What's up?" She said hearing her voice in neutral makes it hard for me to weigh or anticipate her emotions right now.

"Can I not go out on a date tonight? I'm still grounded due to some party I went to last time. My older brother forbids me to." I said honestly in my pleading voice. Sometimes you've got to know how to act. Pretending to be sad but the truth is you're happy it's not happening. Though my efforts of preparing had gone to waste.

"What are you 12? Let me talk to your brother. I already bought a new outfit and went to the salon. It wouldn't go to waste tonight." She demanded. I can sense anger in her voice. I thought she would back done and would just say something between 'I see. It couldn't be helped perhaps next time?' But this girl has nerves more than you ever know.

"You don't want to talk to my brother. He's scary." I said trying to scare her.

"You never know scary yet baekie. You'll experience it if you wouldn't put your brother on the line." She is now furious. I can sense impatience is her voice.

"By the way, do you know Chen? The one who ranked second in solo?" I asked trying to divert the subject.

"Yeah. He's familiar. Why are you asking me this?" She asked annoyed.

"If you want to go out. he's dying to take you out and he happens to be free tonight." I said.

"I am losing my patience here Baekhyun Byun. I am still not talking to your 'oh so scary' brother." She said sarcastically. I guess I should let her talk to Suho and hope Suho is in a bad mood with work so that he would lash it out on her.

"Okay. Wait a second. He just finished dinner." I said while I handed then phone to Suho just walked out of the dining and on his way to his office.

"What's this?" Suho looked at me suspiciously.

"She wants to talk to you." I said.