27.

Loki coughed lightly as he tried to swallow the hard, over cooked piece of bread and forced a smile. He looked up at Aurora who was casually eating the horrible food, unbothered by the bad taste.

"So when did you come here?" Loki asked, taking another aggressive bite from the bread. She looked up from her food and thought for a moment. "Not long, maybe a year." She said through her stuffed mouth causing Loki to chuckle at her adorable self. "There are not many people around here. Did you adjust here easy?"

"Well, I rather chose to be in a place so calm. I like it. It keeps me in peace. Besides, when I crave a little hustle bustle, I just take a stroll to the bazaar." She paused, looking thoughtful. "The best thing about this place is that no one will even try to tell me who I'm supposed to be or what I'm supposed to do." She said, swallowing her food as a sparkling glimmer flickered through her eyes.

"I'm a free woman. That is hard to be." She said lastly with passion and content in her voice.

Loki sighed after giving her a smile. "Would I invade your freedom, if I were to stay?" He said after moments of silence. Aurora's eyes widened as she almost chocked on the ale she drank.

"You want to?" She asked, her heart hoping it was true. "Maybe." He said with a smile on his pink lips. "Well.." she trailed with a sly smile.

"You will have to build yourself a room because I'm not gonna share forever." She demanded with a grin, folding her arms over her chest. "Yes, I too, agree. You snore quite loud." He teased as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"I do not." She argued, stomping her hand on the wooden table. "Whatever floats your boat." Loki said, using her catchphrase from the past days. She rolled her eyes at him before taking another bite from her bread.

"Don-" Loki began to speak but was cut off by a loud sound of thunder.

Loki's heart began to beat faster and faster when he began to fear it might be the one he was far from prompt to meet. "Woah!" Aurora exclaimed, placing a hand on her chest.

Loki looked outside and his eyes followed the lightning which had fallen on a concentrated area. The look of worry was clear on his face and Aurora was quick to notice it.

"Loki, are you alright?" She asked, placing her hand on his shoulder but Loki's eyes wouldn't budge.

"Stay here." He said, with a sharp breath as he left the cabin and followed the way to Thor.

Loki stood behind the tall tree as he peered at his elder brother with spiteful eyes. He was still the same. The same red cape, the same glorious armour, the same dirty blonde hair but much longer.

Loki stepped out of the shadows, the sound of his feet alarming Thor. He knew it was him. He turned around quickly with a guise on his face that Loki couldn't piece together.

When Thor finally saw Loki with his own eyes, his heart just shattered. He didn't look the same. His skin was much paler, closer to his Jotun skin but still not blue, his once bright green eyes were now dull and tired. The skin around his eyes looked almost bruised, covered in purplish shade and his lips were marked by a small scar that seemed like it was still to heal.

"Loki." His voice didn't let out the pain but his anger. It was deep and heavy, much more than usual.

Loki just stared at him, not sure how to feel. Thor noticed the hesitation in Loki and decided to himself walk closer and pull him in his embrace. When he did so, Thor didn't feel the warmth in him anymore. He pulled back and searched in eyes a firm of emotion but they just seemed blank.

"How could you just leave us like that?" Thor yelled, desperate for answers to the questions he asked himself everyday for months. Loki looked down at his feet, finally an emotion playing through him. Although, it wasn't just a single emotion in him. Loki found it quite hard to understand what his statement really made him feel.