14.

It was dark and late at night. Everyone was asleep but Odin hadn't slept a wink. He tossed and turned repeatedly, trying to fall asleep but no matter how much he tried, sleep just won't come. In his mind, he kept on debating whether what he did was right or not. But the answer always seemed to be the same. He was in the state of uncertainty which was rising a feeling in him that was deep in his heart and was escalating every minute.

Odin sat up and rubbed his temple for a moment.

It had been two days since he had locked him up in his room and those two days were what Odin could call...... not guilt free. He let out a short breath and stood up. He looked back to see Frigga fast asleep and then left his chambers.

His feet automatically carried him towards Loki's room. On his way there, he again enkindled the feeling of uncertainty. He was so unsure of what the right thing to do was. He opened the lock from outside and silently, pushed the doors open.

When he entered the room, he spotted Loki on his bed, with his blood stained shirt tossed to the floor. His bare chest still had the stains of blood on them while his hands were also covered with the blood he had wiped away from his lips. He felt a pang of regret hit him and his face morphed into a frown.

He walked closer and sat by the edge of the bed. Odin noticed that Loki had pulled out the thread and lightly sighed at the sight. He, hesitantly, placed a hand on his cold one and shut his eyes.

At this moment, he realised what he had done was wrong. He got up and left his room. As he walked out, he ordered the guards to take him to the healers, ending the punishment which was meant to be a week long.

Odin was still furious, needless to say, hence he decided that Loki didn't deserve an apology from him under any case whatsoever.

When he entered back into his chambers, Frigga had already awakened, standing in front of the bed, her arms crossed. "When were you planning to inform me about Loki's punishment?" She asked, looking at Odin with angry eyes. "Or were you even planning to inform me at all?"

"I didn't want to worry you." He said, his statement causing Frigga to raise an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

"I knew you'd go running to him if you had known." He remarked, arrogantly and walked past her, their shoulders brushing.

"And didn't you do the exact same right now?" She questioned slyly, sneering.

"Yes."

She shook her head with a soft huff in annoyance mixed with a feeling of disbelief and marched away, making way to see her dear boy.

_____________

Frigga gently caressed Loki's cold, pale cheek as he laid on bed, fast asleep. Her eyes traveled down to scars on his lips from the stitch which were still very prominent, despite the quick healing abilities Loki possessed.

The servants brought in food in trays and set them on the table before Frigga dismissed them. She shook Loki with a gentle push and called out his name to wake him up.

"Loki, son, wake up."

Loki's eyes fluttered open and his lips let out a throaty groan, in pain. "It's gonna be alright, son." She said as Loki sat up, rubbing his eyes, lazily.

Frigga stood up and brought a plate of food for him. "Here, you must be starving." She said, offering him a small smile before she raised the fork to his lips.

Loki stared at her for a moment before nodding and eating. "Why are you here?" Loki asked, breaking the silence with an abrupt question. Frigga looked at him, confused. "I was worried about you, love." She insisted, tilting her head.

Loki blinked at her, too tired to reply.

"What happened, son?" She asked, looking down. "I said some outrageous things, I suppose." He sighed. "I shouldn't have said those things. It made things only worse than they were before." He mumbled in a voice full of self-hatred and despair.

Frigga was confused about what he spoke of. He hadn't really discussed his relationship with Odin before and now that he did, she was unsure as to how she was supposed to react to it.

"Worse than before?" She questioned, realising that she had been oblivious to what Loki thought of his father all this time. Although, it didn't come across as a surprise, not to her at least.

What else could Loki possibly think of Odin anyway?

"I have never been as dear to him as Thor and seems as if I never will be." Loki avoided letting his emotions show through his tone and hence, he maintained an emotionless voice this time, but Frigga saw through him.

"That is not true." She argued, placing a hand on his shoulder. Loki chuckled, bitterly. "Even you don't believe that."

And she didn't.

But how could she see her son turn away from his father?

"Loki, whatever your father does, it's for your own good."

Frigga stared at him, waiting for him to say something; say that he believed her.

Loki decided not to argue with her over this. He never had a complaining nature in his character. How could it possibly be in him? He never really had anyone he could complain to.

Upon his silence, she thought to herself if it was right of her to give him hope that she herself could not see. 

She felt she was failing him. She didn't know how to stop from doing so.

It broke her heart in pieces to see her son slip away right in front her eyes.