Chapter 3

I told you I'd be banging out chapters 

I plan to have this done by the new year cos after that I have The Heartbreak Club and In Her Uniform to work on

But I don't know how to continue either of them so pray to the goddess for me yeet

And I swear to god the picture above is a whole ass mood

———

A couple weeks later found Perrie trudging into Cafe Mix at 8:35 am, otherwise known as five minutes late. 

"You're late," Jesy said, not even bothering to look up from the drink she was making. 

"I know," Perrie said, sticking her tongue out at Jesy as she made extra sure to grab the correct apron. Her lack of sleep was making her get p's and b's confused. 

"Why do you look like a raccoon that lost a fight with a garbage can?" Leigh Anne asked.

"I was awake talking to Jade until 1:00 in the morning," Perrie grumbled, rubbing her eyes. 

"I know you two are grossly cute and still in the 'new' stage of your relationship but please don't stay up until 1:00 am again," Jesy said, standing aside so Perrie could take over for her at the register. 

"I hate you," Perrie mumbled, standing in front of the counter and gazing at the line of people stretching out the door. 

"Love you too," Jesy said, patting Perrie's shoulder and walking away. 

Perrie heard the tapping of shoes as someone approached her. 

"What do you want?" She snapped, not even bothering to look up.

"That's no way to talk to a customer," the unmistakably sweet voice floated into Perrie's ears, making a smile spread across the blonde's face as she looked up to see Jade standing before her. 

"Hi," Perrie replied breathlessly. No matter what she wore, Jade always made everything look amazing.

Jade was currently wearing a black tee shirt with a grey cardigan over it, and the shirt was tucked into light blue ripped jeans with a thick black belt around her waist. Her hair was half up half down, and her glasses were perched on top of her head.

Jade giggled. "I swear I could be wearing sweatpants and you'd react as if I was wearing a lacy lingerie," she remarked.   

Perrie blushed. "What can I say," she replied. "You look amazing in everything."

It was Jade's turn to blush.

"I'm taking over ringing people's orders in now," Jesy said, pushing past Perrie. 

"What can I get you?" Jesy asked Jade.

"Perrie?" Jade called. 

"Iced coffee with milk and sugar, got it," Perrie replied.

"You guys are disgustingly cute," Jesy remarked as she took another customer's order.

"You're still saying we're cute, you do realize that right?" Perrie chuckled, grabbing a sharpie to scribble a message onto Jade's cup.

If you were a bugger I'd pick you first.

Jade looked at the cup and barked out a laugh.

"You just made my day, thank you," she said, leaning over the counter to kiss Perrie's cheek. 

"You're still on for the date tonight?" Perrie asked. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Jade said, back slowly toward the door.