Chapter 6- We Meet Again

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing loudly. I groaned as I turned it off and lazily got up. I went to Minnie's room and woke her up to take a shower before I took a shower and got ready for work. I was taking over my father's company from today. I didn't actually feel anything. I wasn't really excited cause now I won't see Minnie as much as usual and I won't be working at home anymore.

Me and Minnie quickly finished breakfast and I drove her to school.

"Minnie, I'll send someone to pick you up from school. You'll be coming to my office till I find you a nanny." I told her.

"Okay Mommy!" She said and ran inside the building.

I drove to my office which was fortunately very close to Minyeon's school, but unfortunately right opposite Na Enterprise Holdings Inc.

I parked my car in my new personal parking space and walked inside. I stopped at the entrance, looking at my surroundings. Wow. It was more like a hotel than an office. The interior was amazing. A lot did change in four years.

"Good morning, Mrs. Na!" I heard a female's voice say. I turned around to see a beautiful woman in her early twenties, dressed in professional attire, holding a black file in her arms.

"Good morning, please call me Miss Naru." I said politely. She seemed confused but just nodded.

"I'm Ito Mitsumi. I'll be your assistant." She said with a smile. So she was Japanese! Her Korean was very fluent which impressed me. "Let me take you to your office. I arranged everything for you."

I nodded as we both entered the lift. My office was luckily on the last floor—the seventeenth floor. I really loved the view from here. The entire floor was meant for me and Mitsumi. She had her own office as well. I smiled at how thoughtful my dad was about this.

I entered my office. It had black and cream-brown furniture in it. I liked it—no, I loved it. There was a slight Japanese touch to the office.

"I'm guessing my mother designed this?" I asked Mitsumi.

"Yes, she did."

"It's very nice."

"I'm glad you liked it. I helped Mrs. Choi design the office as well." She said proudly. I smiled.

"Miss Choi, you have a meeting in an hour." Mitsumi said.

"Already?" I asked.

"Yes, it got postponed since Mr. Choi was hospitalized. But since it's very important, it must be done today."

"Okay, do you have everything ready?"

"Yes, all the information is on your laptop. You can read through it."

"Alright, that's good. And where is the meeting held and with who?" I asked.

"It's held in our main conference room on the fifteenth floor." She said, and then she hesitated for a bit. I raised an eyebrow.

"It's with... Na Enterprise Holdings Inc., the CEO and his assistant will be coming." She finally said.

I froze immediately. The CEO would be coming. He would be coming.

"Miss Naru? Is something wrong? I can try to postpone the conference if you'd like." Mitsumi offered, her voice filled with worry.

"No, that's o-okay." I softly said, my voice cracking in the end. I can't run away from this forever.

Eventually, I'd have to face him.

"Okay, I'll be heading to the conference room to check if everything is ready. You can switch on your laptop and go through the files. Please call me if you need anything." Mitsumi said.

"Thank you." I said, forcing a smile. I had to do this. I knew that there would be many people seated in the conference room. I had to be professional.

I took a deep breath before switching on my laptop and reading all the information about the new project with Na Enterprise Holdings carefully. It was a very large project which would take months to finish, which means I'd be seeing him often.

After about more than half an hour, I finished reading everything. There was a knock at the office door.

"Come in." I yelled. Mitsumi slowly opened the door and smiled.

"Miss Naru, everyone has arrived and is seated in the conference room. The meeting will start in five minutes." She said.

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute. You can go sit in the conference room." I said. She nodded and left.

I quickly went to the bathroom to check my appearance. I smoothened out my outfit and hair and applied another coat of my cherry red lipstick before heading to the conference room with my laptop.

I took a deep breath before opening the doors of the conference room and entering. Everyone stood up and bowed. I did the same before walking to the front and setting my laptop on the large table.

"Good morning. As you all know, I will be taking over my father's company. I hope we all can work and cooperate together. I'm Miss Choi Naru." I said with a warm  smile. I noticed that everyone's gaze moved from me to one particular place. I followed their gazes, only to have my eyes locked with his. I immediately looked down as I bit my lip. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I tried my best to ignore it.

I cleared my throat and said, "Let's start."

After a few minutes, it was his turn to talk. I avoided looking at him throughout the time I was speaking. I took my seat as he got up and walked to the front where I was standing.

"Good morning, I'm Na Jaemin, CEO of Na Enterprise Holdings Inc." He introduced himself. His voice was exactly the same as before—deep and soothing.

As he kept talking and explaining about his ideas, I couldn't help but look at him. His features were sharp and perfect. His honey brown hair was slightly messed up. He was wearing blue contacts. He looked undeniably ethereal.

He glanced at me a few times, making a few seconds of eye contact. Why couldn't I stop gazing at him?

"What do you think about this idea, Miss Choi?" I heard him say.

"It's great." I said, even though I had no idea about whatever he said. He smiled that beautiful smile of his which I haven't seen in years.

I heard a soft gasp beside me. I glanced to see Mitsumi with her mouth slightly open. I raised an eyebrow at her.

She leaned in and whispered, "I'll tell you later."

I nodded slightly before focusing back on Jaemin. Finally, the meeting ended successfully.

"Miss Naru, that time I gasped cause I was shocked to see Mr. Na smiling." Mitsumi said softly to me so that only I could hear her.

"Why? What so surprising in that?"

"These last four years of me working with him, I have never seen him smile even once. He's usually very quiet and cold towards everyone."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. I don't know what happened to him." She said, glancing at Jaemin who was talking to another business man. I nodded before standing up.

"Miss Naru, I have some work to do in the security department. If you need anything, please call me." Mitsumi said before bowing and leaving.

I went to my office and settled down in my chair. Staring at the moving traffic from above. I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yelled, not looking to see who came until I heard the door getting locked.

My eyes instantly met his.

"Mrs. Na, we meet again."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
End of chapter 6.
Please vote!