𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"Maybe you should

"Maybe you should...tell Salvatore instead of Sal." Lillian says as we walk through the garden at Salvatore's.

It really needed some love. Apparently the previous gardener passed away and Salvatore hasn't cared enough to find another. Maybe that's what I can do. I can garden.

"I just don't want him to look at me any more different than he does." I say.

"He doesn't look at you different. You just think so because he knows that much." She says and I sigh.

Is she right? Am I looking to far into things? Am I misreading the way he's been looking at me and the way he interprets things? Maybe I am.

"I want to get wasted." I say and she looks at me with shock.

"Elizabeth Carter, no! You are...your in a vulnerable state right now. You don't actually want to drink. I know you." She says and I sigh.

Is she right about that too?

"Elizabeth! Lillian!" Callum calls from the porch.

Lillian starts cursing him out quietly as we turn and begin our walk back. I raise an eyebrow while giggling quietly.

"Is he still hitting on you?" I ask and she nods with a pout.

"I asked him to stop nicely and now I have to be mean." She says and I giggle.

"Maybe you should give him a chance. I'm sure you'll be happy you did." I say.

"Fine...only if you do one thing." She says.

"Okay." I say.

"Tell Sal or Salvatore...tonight." She says before walking up to Callum.

Tonight...

Oh dear God...

I walk up the steps and Callum looks at me. He smiles as Lillian pauses so he could relay the message I'm sure Salvatore sent him to say.

"Boss wanted you to go to his office. Be careful. He seemed angry." He says in concern and I nod.

I head into the house before pausing. Angry...and he wants me. I run up the stairs and go to my bedroom, looking for them.

"Looking for these?" Salvatore asks and I turn back to see him holding the small baggie of pills.

"Salvatore." I mutter.