Chapter 18: Smoke

I want to tell you this is not my original idea. I got this from a fan fiction on FanFiction.Net. The story is called:

Secrets - Percy Jackson One-shots

Go and check them out. It's a great story. I got most of my inspiration from them.

Percy growled and ran a hand through his hair in frustration. Even though the war was over and they had defeated Gaea monsters attacked relentlessly. As if revenge would do anything.

He was stressed and not even Annabeth could help him out. She decided that he needed to cool off harshly after he snapped. He couldn't help it. She had just been pushing him and he couldn't take it. She often pushed him way beyond his comfort zone but he stayed silent.

"I need a smoke." Percy thought. Wow, he hadn't though that way in a long time. He had tried stopping and it worked. But ever so often the need arose and he couldn't help himself.

It hadn't happened since he came to Camp Half-blood. Sure, he had been stressed but there was no time to stop and just do it. After all people would ask questions on why a 12 year old was smoking.

Percy dug through his underwear drawer and got his hands in his lighter and cigarette pack. He flicked the lighter several times before he finally got a fire.

He lit his cigarette and took a long drag. Feeling the smoke fill up his lungs, burning them. Then he exhaled and watched the smoke fly up and disappear from sight.

He held it in between his fingers for a while and looked at the almost full pack in his hand. He sighed and shook his head before putting the lighter and packet in his underwear drawer again.

He flopped down on his bed and took another long drag. He was relaxed. He didn't feel any trouble. It was as if he was back in the time where he was younger and Mom went to work. Gabe has told him to get out of the house or else he would smash his head. Thing about that is Percy knew he would do it.

So he would go to the back alley and just smoke the pack of Camels that he stole from Gabe. He was always to drunk to notice that a pack of cigs were gone. It didn't matter who passed him because it was New York. 'Just another crackhead kid. Avoid eye contact and they might not pickpocket you.'

The smoke lifted its way in front of his face as he saw it in front of his eyes. It was as if it wasn't even smoke. More like... a mist. Heh.
He felt as if he could fall asleep. But he knew that he shouldn't do that. Could set his whole cabin on fire while he was in it.

Suddenly the door burst open and the seven plus Nico and Will marched their way into his cabin. Screaming and shouting they almost didn't notice when Leo chocked on his spit.

They all stoped and stared at Percy who was smoking and staring at them in shock. For two or three minutes they were all just staring at each other as the smoke spiraled upwards and disappeared.

"Hi."

They all screamed.

———

I'll get you guys a part two later