Chapter 13: Cooking

Percy pulled out the tray of brownies from the oven and set them down on the counter to cool for a bit. He took of his apron and hung it on the back of his chair.

"Well that was fun. I haven't had the chance to cook anything in the longest time." Percy mused in his head and decided to take a quick nap in order to pass the time. He got out one of those old timers and and set it for 5 minutes,

Percy stretched and made his way out of the camp's kitchen. He placed his head down on one of the tables and was out like a light.

~~~~~

"Ooo... brownies!" Piper called and the rest of the seven entered the kitchen. They wanted to sneak a snack in before the harpies caught them.

"Don't mind if I do~" Leo hummed and bit into the chocolate brownie. He then proceeded to moan as he chewed and tried to reach for another one but Hazel smacked his hand away.

"Why?" he wined and tried to take one again but Annabeth smacked his hand with the book she was holding.

"Let the rest of us have some Leo! We also have to save some for Percy. I saw him taking a nap on one of the tables." Annabeth said.

The rest of the seven took a brownie which left 14 brownies left since there was 20 brownies to begin with. "Amazing! The chocolate chips are still melted! It's almost like someone made these a few minutes ago." Jason said brushing off the crumbs left on his shirt.

They heard and alarm ring and they all look at each other strangely. "Did any of you set an alarm?" Frank asked tilting his head to the side.

They heard footsteps coming closer and closer until the demigods knew that someone was just outside the door.

~~~~~~

Percy awoke to the annoying ring of the alarm he set. He took a few moments to collect himself and actually be sort of awake. He walked slowly to the kitchen and opened the door just to see the rest of the seven looking at him guilty.

"We were going to give you some! We promise." Hazel said immediately and looked disappointed in herself.

"What? I just came to see how my brownies were doing." Percy said more confused then ever when they all froze and looked at each other in shock.

"Wait... you made them?" Annabeth asked and looked shocked.

"Uh, ya." Percy said in a voice that just screamed "duh".

"Oops." Six of them said at the same time.

So the brownies up top are called:
Blue Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars

Ingredients:
*Blue Velvet Brownies
•1 4-oz. bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
•3/4 cup butter
•2 cups sugar
•4 large eggs
•1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
•1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/8 teaspoon salt
•1 tablespoon Wilton royal blue gel food coloring
•1 small dab of Wilton violet gel food coloring

*Oreo Truffle Layer
•1 package Oreos
•8 ounce package cream cheese

*White Chocolate Layer
•10 oz. package of white chocolate bark or chips
•mini chocolate chips for garnish

Instructions
*For Blue Velvet Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of the pan with cooking spray.

2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.

3. Mix in the food colorings into the mizture to form a paste, and then whisk in the sugar; mix well.

4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Gently stir in flour and next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared pan.

5. Bake at 350° for 44 to 48 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about an hour).

*For Oreo Truffle Layer
1. Crush package of Oreos in a food processor (or in a large plastic bag and rolling pin).

2. Melt cream cheese for 15 seconds in a microwave to soften.

3. Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth.

4. Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands to help press it down instead of spreading to avoid tearing the brownies.

*For White Chocolate Layer
1. Melt white chocolate candy bark (or chocolate chips) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer. Leave some extra for garnish.

2. Melt 1/3 of mini chocolate chips and drizzle on top of white chocolate layer.

3. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips while still warm.

4. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.

ʕʘ‿ʘʔ