He bites his lip. "I got homesick. I want to stay in Korea now."

"Forever?" you ask with big eyes.

"Yeah, it's just..." he looks away and scratches his head. "It's complicated."

You nod, and you hush your voice down to a whisper. "Not to be rude, but why are there so many people here? You never said I'd be having a meeting or anything."

"I didn't really say anything in that letter, Yunnie," he says. "To be honest, I brought you here because I need something from you."

You raise both brows. Hobi needs help from me?" 

"You see... these people... I mean—I didn't come back," he struggles. "It's just—"

Your large, patient eyes await his response.

"Ah, fuck it." He puts his hand on his hip. "Listen, Sooyun. Me, these people here." He waves his hands.

"We're rebels. And we need your help."

You stare at him. What?

"Now before you get defensive, I'd like a chance to prove that we're the good guys. Not evil and terrible." He turns his back to you and begins walking until your voice stops him.

"W-What do you mean you're a rebel?" Goosebumps pop up on your arms, and you cross them over your chest protectively.

"Huh?" He turns to see your distressed eyes framed by creased brows, and your previous bubbly form is now one of confusion, fear. "Wait, wait. I just said it's okay, I'm not dangerous or anything!"

You stay still. "Rebel? Rebels want to kill the royal family."

A painful image comes up into your mind. Hoseok and Taehyung with swords at each other's necks.

"N-No," you stutter. "You can't be."

You take a step back, and Hoseok loses it when the sound of his voice makes you flinch.

"Yunnie, don't be ridiculous! I'm the same person I was a minute ago when you were smiling, nothing bad's gonna happen!" He takes a step forward. "Just listen to me, okay?"

You frown. Your heart pounds in your chest.

Rebels in the palace... You think with your fingers shaking. What if Taehyung's in danger?

"Okay, okay. Maybe I jumped in too fast," he admits. "I'm sorry for scaring you, I didn't mean to.

"Let's just go slower... I-I just saw you talking today, about the castes and stuff. Was what you said true? Do you want what's best for the people, for the average person in Korea?"

You bop your head up and down cautiously.

"Then you want to change things, end traditions and give power to the people?"

You nod.

"Then we're allies here!" he exclaims. "We rebels and you, we both want the same thing."

You eye him suspiciously, tilting your head back to make a careful analyzation of his features. This is indeed Hoseok, isn't it?

"Why did you bring me here? What do I have to do with this?" you mutter with animosity.

"Well, you, my sweet little sister, have the entire country fawning over you, Yunnie. That's support, that's valuable."

"If you're looking out for the people, then I don't see why you'd need me to get support," you say.

"You're largely underestimating the power of rebels, a group of less than 100 people now, highly unorganized and fairly, lost. We need a leader, and not just any leader, but one that already has won the hearts of the population... That's where you come in."