Chapter 21

~Ashton's POV~ 

 I sighed, making my way to my house. Another 10-ish minutes until I get home.

A sudden burp comes out, as a let out a small chuckle. 

Olivia would've playfully slap me whenever I burp... 

I can't believe I broke up with Olivia... I can't believe was the one to break up with her. I know that was my objective in the first place, but, it should be Olivia heartbroken about this, not me.. It should be Olivia whimpering like a puppy, not me. It shouldn't be me that's heartbroken about this. 

This whole thing should be the other way around.

~Olivia's POV~ 

After a while of crying, I finally realized that there's no point of crying. It's not worth it. Ashton's not worth it. He broke up with me, because he couldn't trust me, or whatever. When school comes around again tomorrow, I will be strong, and I will not cry. I will show Ashton that I'm not affected by the break up. I will show Ashton that he can't break me that easily.

I wipe my tears from my face, as I stood up from my bed. "Don't cry... Go outside... And take a walk..." I tell myself.

I leave my room, but my dad interrupts me. "Have you been crying?"

"No, dad, it's alright." I lick my lips, trying to avoid a conversation.

"Is it because of that Asher guy?"

"Dad, his name is Ashton." I groan. 

'Yeah, yeah, whatever. Same thing. But is he the reason you cried?"

"Yes- I mean no. Dad, just don't worry about me, okay?"

"But you're my baby girl. Of course I'll worry about you." 

"Dad...." I groan. "I'm going outside for a walk, and you better not do something to Ashton."

"I won't.. I won't.. for now." He mumbles.

"Dad..."I groan, once again.

I left the house, walking back to the park.

I see Ashton, but he's not facing me, so, it's all good. I run behind a tree, hiding from him. I notice his head perk up, and turns around. He looks around the surroundings, probably getting one of those feelings when you think someone you know is near you.

"Who's there?" He calls out, looking at the tree I was hiding behind.

"Who's there?!" He calls out, again, but a bit louder.

"No one." I mumble under my breath.

"Come out! Or else!"

I stay behind the tree, hoping that Ashton would leave soon.

"You know what, fuck it!" He groans, walking away.

I sigh, in relief, leaving my hiding spot.

Ashton quickly turns around saying, "Hah! Gotcha!- Olivia?"

"Umm.." I start, rubbing my arm up and down.

"C-Can we talk?" Ashton bites his lip.

"No." I simply say, running away.

"Olivia! Olivia, wait!" He yells, trying to catch up to me.

I hear his footsteps coming closer, so I started running faster.

I stop running after a while, I turn around, then I see Ashton standing far behind, with his hands in his hair, shaking it roughly. 

I put my right foot out, almost walking back to him, but I decide against it. I turn my body around, once again, and I continue to walk. I arrive in front of my house, sighing.

I open the door, and my dad's head perks up. "You're back home early.."

"I can see that." I groan.

"Why are you home so early? Did you see that Ashter dude?"

"Ashton. His name is Ashton! And no, I didn't!" I lie.

~Ashton's POV~ 

Once I got home, I quickly ran to my room, ignoring my mom. I sit behind my desk, going on Facebook on my laptop.

Once I logged on, I noticed that Michael was online. I pressed his name, and I started chatting.

A: Mikey.

M: What?

A: I just broke up with Olivia.

M: Wasn't that what you wanted? To leave her as soon as she falls for you? 

A: But I love her.

M: You've got to be shitting me.

A: I'm trying a Mashton moment. Now help meeee! 

M: Alright, why not.... get her back? Just like what any ordinary person would do if they still loved the other. 

A: BUT YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T DO THOSE TYPES OF THINGS.

M: Then just get over her! Fuck a girl, and move on!

A: It's not that easy to fuck a girl, then get over Olivia.

M: You have girls BEGGING to have sex with you. I'm pretty sure it'll be easy.

A: Oh, whatever. Talk to Luke, or something. I'm going to sleep.

M: But it's only 3: 42!

A: I'm sleepy. 

M: Fine, bye. 

I log out of Facebook, running my hand through my hair, making it messy. My hair looks quiffed now..

I lay on my bed, trying to sleep. But I can't. All I can do, is think of Olivia. I get my phone out, going on Instagram.

Same old posts girls at my school does. Since they know I follow them. Duck face, or showing their cleavage, or biting their lip... They're being try hards'.

I sigh, putting my phone away.

My eyes close, and I drift off to sleep.

~*~

I wake up a few hours later.

7: 18 pm. 

I get up, and I take a shower. I don't even know why.

Once I step inside the shower platform thing, the water drips from my hair, onto my face.

I do the same thing everyone does; soap, shampoo, rinse. 

5 minutes pass, and I finally finish. I close the shower tap, and I reach out for my towel. Once I get my towel, I wrap it around my waist, and I head out, arriving in my room only a second later. Since I have a bathroom in my room. Thank you, mother.

~*~

I got dressed into some shorts and tank top.

I go downstairs, and I see my mom. "Oh, Ashton! I was wondering if you could invite Olivia over, tomorrow, for dinner?" She asks, happily.

My mouth frowns, as I look down to my feet. 

"You guys didn't....." Her voice was hushed.

"We broke up." I confirm.

"Oh, Ashton.." She comes to me, giving me a hug.

"It's alright, I was the one that broke up with her." I sigh.

"What, why?" She unconnected the hug.

"I don't want to talk about it." I bite my lip, fighting the urge to cry.

"You'll find someone else, I promise." She says, also obviously trying not to cry. "I mean, I liked her being with you, but if you guys weren't meant to be...-"

"No, I won't give up. I'm not letting go of the girl I love, this time. I will not let her get away from me. I won't give up." I interrupt my mom.

She smiles, then says, "You're making a good choice."