Chapter 55: Goodbye, friends

Start from the beginning

"We get it, you cut. Geez, no one cares."

"Y-you should go to the nurse," Mr. Neal stammered. "I'll write you a pass."

I was humiliated. Angry. Upset. I grabbed the pass and rushed out of the classroom, going into the bathroom.

Until I realized it was a huge mistake.

Cathryn turned to look at me, a disgusted look on her face. "Ew, she's here."

"You look like you're going to cry," Claire laughed. "Are you going to go cry to your mommy?"

For a moment, Claire froze, regret flashing in her eyes. She cleared her throat. "Anyways, you're such a baby. Always crying."

I turned to head out the door, but Cathryn grabbed my arm and yanked me closer to her. "Why are you leaving? Let's have fun together."

"Cathryn," I said. "Stop. I just want to go-"

"Did I ask?" She laughed.

Cathryn shoved me to the other side of the bathroom, cornering me. "Don't leave just yet. Guys, get a bucket."

One of the girls, Nicole started filling an empty bucket with water. My heart quickened and my breathings shortened. Why were they doing this?

"Does anyone have a sharpie?" Cathryn asked, smiling at me.

Another girl, Brianna, tossed a sharpie to Cathryn. "Someone grab her."

"Stop!" I screamed as Claire and Brianna grabbed each of my arms, pushing my back against the wall.

I couldn't move. I was stuck. I tried fighting back, but it was no use. Cathryn started writing something on my face.

"Stop moving," she growled, grabbing my hair.

I winced, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Cathryn finally stepped away, smiling. "Done."

Claire and Brianna burst out laughing. Nicole came over with the bucket and splashed me with ice-cold water, drenching me.

"Say cheese!" Cathryn grinned, taking a photo of me. The other girls did the same thing too.

I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. They laughed as they walked out of the bathroom. I ran to the mirror and saw what they wrote.

Across my forehead, in big letters were:

bitch

I tried erasing it. It wouldn't go away. No matte how hard I tried, you can still see the words.

Even more humiliated, I started to cry. How am I supposed to go out like this? I wanted to go home and lock myself in my room.

I heard the door open and I turned around and saw Sammy. His eyes were wide as he stared at me.

"W-what are you doing here?" I stammered, looking away.

He came up to me, lifting my chin up. "What did they do to you? Are you okay?"

He wrapped his arms around me, comforting me with a hug. "I'm sorry this is happening to you. Do you want me to talk to them?"