7. Hummel-Hudson House

"I don't know about this, Kurt" Dave said as they were walking towards their house. 

"You'll be fine Dave" Kurt said with a half smile. 

"Your dad hates me. And He has every fucking right too!" 

"Be quiet Dave. You apologized to me, so you can apologized to my dad too. Just you know, make sure to keep an eye open if he moves toward his shotgun cabinet." 

"He has a WHAT cabinet?!" It was too late. Kurt was already pushing him through the door. 

As soon as he entered, he was faced with the Hummel-Hudson, Carole was in the kitchen as usual preparing dinner and Burt was screaming at a football game on the TV.

Kurt cleared his throat and Burt looked at Dave. In that moment Finn entered the house very agitated. 

"I told him that this was a very bad idea, Burt?"

After a rather long tension filled silence, took a leap of faith and spoke up. "Hi" 

"Hi? Hi? You entered my house after driving my kid out of his own school out of fear of you creep and all you have to say is Hi?" Burt say screaming at him. 

"Down, father. David is here to apologize" 

"Is that so?" 

"Ye...Yes sir" 

"Well then, I guess we should be left alone then" 

"Dad" 

"Burt?" 

"Are you sure honey?" Say Carole while walking at the living room. 

"Kurt, room. Finn you too" 

Finn stand up and went directly towards his room. Kurt left with an apologetic look towards Dave and whispering "You'll be fine, I'll promise" into his ear, which would have felt extremely sensual if he wasn't so mortified. 

"SIT" Dave did as Burt said. He sat on the couch while Burt sat on the other couch. 

"So. You made my son feel as if he wasn't safe in his own school and now you're here in my own home. Now, Kurt says you've changed, but I am not easily deceived." 

Summoning his inner strenght, Dave mustered up enough courage to speak. 

"Kurt.." He paused, searching for the right words. "Kurt is a special guy. He walked around so incredibly proud of who he is. I used to be intimidated by that, but now I admire it. I was horrible. He made me feel insecure of myself because of how confident he is. So I took that anger out on him." 

Burt was only listening to him, nodding a few times here and there. 

"I know that it was incredibly wrong and stupid, but Kurt, being as amazing as he really is he really saw past that. He saw past that anger and saw that I was just scared and tired to help me through that. It took me a long time to come around, but now all I want to do is make it up to him, do for him a small fraction of what he has done for me. I just want to make him happy." 

Burt was an excellent judge of character, and he could see the sincerity in the boy's eyes. "And you are fully aware  that he has a boyfriend, right?" 

"Uh, yeah but I don't see how that's relevant to.. OH. Oh no no no sir! We're just friends! I have only friendly feelings for Kurt... for now?"

Kurt on the other hand was a little bit worried what Dave and his dad were talking about.. he was peering towards the living room when Finn open his room door. 

"Kurt, what are you doing?" 

"FINN, you scare me, I am trying to figure out what my dad and Dave are talking about."