5. Lunch Break

"Everyone is here I see, the whole Glee Club is here, minus you Karofsky... you never joined our little club.." 

"Yeah, but I really wish I did.." He said with a sad face. 

"So" Finn started. "What are you doing back at McKinley, Karofsky, let alone who gave you permission to sit at our table?" He was so overprotective over his little step-bro. 

Blaine, on the other hand, was too busy discussing (It looks more like arguing over) the song for Regionals with Rachel to even notice Karofsky's presence. Or Kurt's for the matter of fact. 

"Finny?" He turned to see him "Play nice" Kurt intervened. 

Karofsky spoke up after a nudge from Santana "Uhh Kurt and I are working on an English Assignment together" 

"Yo, dude I'm sure if you talk to Ms. Holliday, she'll let you switch partners" Puck offered, glaring at Karofsky. 

"For your information, I choose David"

"David?" Finn glared at Kurt.

"Yes, Finn. That is his name" 

"But why the fucking hell?" Puck said. 

"I don't know. Go ask his parents" Kurt said rolling his eyes. 

"No. I mean, why you pick him." 

"Cause we are friends Hudson!!!"

"You know, boo, I support you.. he has done terrible things in the past but I can see in his eyes that he wants to change and he is sincere," Mercedes spoke. 

"May I say that some people never change" Puck grunted, glaring again almost as fiercely at Karofsky as Finn was. 

"And following that logic" Kurt added. "Some people do as Mercedes said. Like you Noah who I seem to remember being thrown into dumpsters many-a-time by" 

"I already apologized! Dude!" Puck defended himself.

"And I forgave you, Noah. Just like I did David." 

"Who's David?" Brittany asked in confusion but trying her best to follow the conversation. 

"The King of Narnia, Baby!!" Santana answered her. 

"Ok" She nodded as if it all made sense now. 

Karofsky glared at Santana. 

"Anyways, I was thinking..." Kurt trailed off about their project and Karofsky tried, he really did, to listen but instead got lost in the boy's hazel eyes. No one noticed, thank goodness, considering Kurt was, in fact, talking directly to him "...So what do you think? Is that cool with you?" 

Huh, yup... so cool.." Karofsky responded, in a quite uncool manner. 

He glanced over Santana's way and caught the faint smirk of amusement that graced her face. 

"Awesome... so tomorrow at three" 

"Burt's not gonna be happy to you being all buddy-buddy with KAROFSKY now. Seriously do you guys not see him sitting right here?" Finn said looking around. 

"I don't care what my dad 'be happy to' Dave's my friend, and my dad is going to accept that, just like all of you are. Right?" It was an awkward silence. "RIGHT?!" A murmur of yeah's and even a mocking yes sir arose from the glee kids, earning Puck the glare of a lifetime from Kurt. 

Several uncomfortable minutes and a barely edible yet happy scarfed down tray of food later and they were all making their way out of the cafeteria. 

Kurt leaned towards Dave's, stood on his tippy-toes, and whispered in his ear. "Don't worry too much Davey about them. They'll warm up to you big boy" Dave wasn't as concerned about that as he was the warm breath he left in his left ear as Kurt said that. 

It was all gone too quickly though as Kurt scurried off to grab Blaine's hand so as to walk him to his class. 

If I were his boyfriend, I'd walk HIM to class. Dave stared a little longingly after Kurt but shook himself out of it just in time to catch Santana and Sam sharing a fist bump. They looked like they had just hatched a tremendous plan which scared Karofsky out of his jockstrap.