"Miss Sooyun?"

Your eyes fly open. Namjoon?

"Hello?"

You pull down the blanket to uncover your face and sit up. "What are you doing here?"

He smiles widely. "I heard that you're trying to starve yourself to death."

"Ugh," you roll your eyes. "Anything to get out of this hellhole."

"Is it uncomfortable, Miss?"

You scoff. "Are you serious? I have less than 50 square feet to move around, and I don't even know how there's oxygen coming in here." He hands you the glass of water as you're talking, and you narrow your eyes at him. "Did Taehyung send you here?"

"No," he lies. "I'm worried about you. It's been several days since you've last eaten."

You eye the glass in his hands. You're about to refuse it, when his award-winning, eye smile comes out.

"For me?" he says, and you could swear your heart skipped a beat.

Stupid attractive men, You mentally curse. 

"Fine," you mumble softly while taking the glass from his hands and sipping. The cool water feels heavenly flowing down your dry throat, and you down the cup in seconds.

Namjoon smiles. "I'll get you more later. Eat some food first."

You take the fork from his hands and eye the plate hungrily. "Are you sure it's not poisoned?"

He chuckles while dropping to one knee by your bed. "I certainly hope not."

"Hold on," you blurt out before moving to the side of the bed and patting the space next to you. "Sit here."

"Oh, no no, it's—"

"Shut up, and do it," you demand confidently, snatching the food from his hands and quickly getting to work.

You knew you were going to regret eating so fast now, but you didn't care anymore. You were more than starving, and this might've been the last meal you ate in a while.

Beside you, the mattress sinks down under Namjoon, who sits awkwardly at the edge of the bed. Without looking up from your food, you tease, "God, I'm not going to attack you. You can sit closer."

He pauses before breaking into laughter and getting up to lean in more comfortably. "You're really something, you know that?"

"I do," you respond quickly. For a minute, you're cheered up by Namjoon and enjoy his company, sharing light banter and small giggles. But then you're reminded of everything happening outside, and the dead look in your eyes returns. "How're Jungkook and Nayun?"

"Well," he sighs. "They're both alive. Jungkook's still in the hospital because the shot was so close to his heart, but the King claims that he's going to be imprisoned right after recovery. Nayun...

"She's in a separate jail. Underground."

You swallow a lump in your throat. "Does she have basic necessities?"

Namjoon nods. "Her old maids bring her everything. His and Her Majesty still haven't announced what they plan to do with her."

You play with your food, tossing it around in your plate. You've lost your appetite.

"Don't worry about them, my lady. They're safe for now. You should eat up so you can have energy for your next controversial move," he teases with a small smile.

"Mm," you shake your head with a sigh. "Namjoon?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think I did the right thing?"