fight

"y/n?" i lifted my head and stared at s/n.she picked at her nails in monotony.we sat in the same place as before, the church's flames evaporated. grey clouds began to roll in, with the smallest thunders echoing in the skies.

"yes?" i answered

"have you ever taken interest in another person...that they become so important that...you just-...nevermind?" she spoke, stuttering at her words.the words flowing out her mouth didn't seem her own, it seemed like she just wanted to say something but couldn't find the words.that feeling was so familiar but after a while...you can just force out lies that coat the truth.

"asking for my opinion or wanting to find a weakness?" i sigh, throwing my head back on the bench.my eyes landed on the spot where sebastian and ciel stood hours ago.

-

"I'm sorry!" i shouted, trying to find words to make them stay, make the situation better. my fingers digging in my pants, the words couldn't float out nor could i think of lies to coat them.

i felt my neck itch, wanting to scream out everything.but in my mind, that'll make things worse."i-I'll figure something out!just keep him safe" i shouted, turning to face them. the both stared at me, Sebastian' and Ciel's glaring still faces. i couldn't speak the sentences forming in my head, i turned back around. staring at the flames, trying to push away the cries; listening to s/n's satisfied humming, clearly, this is what she wanted.

-

i shut my eyes, cringing at the way i reacted. why did i act that way? I'm a demon with these human mortals that can be fixed after killing that angel.why do i have to pity myself?i can fix this myself, those humans at the phantomhive manor- and that demon- they made me like this!they made me depend on them-!

"i see the aftermath of a depress mortal" my eyes darted to s/n to stared at me blankly'

"the sadness making you pity everyone and yourself.making it hard to be honest.but after the feeling leaves, the anger comes in." i pulled my head up to see ash leaning towards me.his purple eyes staring into mine."the annoyance and the rage of reacting weakly to something.with enough anger, it can actually hurt someone" he grins."humans, are so fascinating!the way emotions and empathy work and what happens afterward. different things that can trigger the emotions to s single person, so fascinating!" wearing a sickly grin, he wouldn't be called an angel.

i glared at him, the angel i needed to end this curse.the angel who caused ciel to mature at a young age, selling himself to a demon.this angel-

"i take it you told her i'm the angel who damaged the boy's life and her's" he spoke, looking at s/n

"of course, if i wanted to get a real pitiful one, i had to reveal the fact her old childhood friend was the one who did it all" s/n chuckled before standing up." besides, i wonder if i'll damage the human more"

-

i watched ash fight sebastian, swords hitting on each other with a sharp scrap. their fierce fight make the building crumble, pieces of concrete falling to the ground, nearly injuring the humans below." you should study sword fighting" s/n says, watching the scene in front

"i know sword fighting, i just don't do it much as i did before." a grin grew on s/n's face.she had an idea, surely it would do someone harm, which is likely to be me.

"y/n, i order you to go against the butler" she smirks, her eyes eyeing me for my reaction." ash!y/n's turn!" before i knew it, the sword was in my hands and i blocked off Sebastian's attack.i stood silently, watching him back off.

"i-i-"

"y/n!" i bite down on my lip, pointing my sword at her. unlike ciel, s/n doesn't want me to conceal the mark. my black nails pressed into the handle of the blade, my contract mark glowing brightly.i pressed forwards, charging towards him.

"sebastian i order you to strike the man only!not y/n!" ciel shouts. anticipated, honestly

"y/n!protect me and ash!" s/n shouts, i again found myself in front of the two, blocking off Sebastian's attack.he pressed forward, closing the space with the blades pointing upwards.his red eyes staring into mine. knowing my order, i pushing my head forward, banging into his forehead; before swinging my leg underneath, knocking him down.i used my foot the kick him to his back, stood over him with the sword under his chin.

"it seems your butler isn't focusing well, isn't he?" s/n giggles.i stared down at the demon who blankly stared at me "don't you think, y/n?" i felt her hands rest on my shoulders.

"i would say because his posture weakened, it seemed he was watching me but his mind wasn't." i summarized.

"like you?" she whispers in my ear "but unlike y/n, she knows her orders well and follows them like the pet she is" s/n taunted.

"please s/n, don't" i whispered, avoiding everyone's gazes.even the queen noticed how tense the air was, she couldn't find words to speak since the business wasn't related to her.but as the queen, she needed to stop for the safety of her civilians.

"Please, c-can we stop fighting? everyone below will get injured" she reasoned.ciel sighs, s/n glaring at him.surprised her glare didn't kill him.

"sebastian fall back" ciel orders

"s/n, come on" ash whispers to s/n.s/n crossed her arms before saying the words 'fall back'.i backed away from sebastian, standing next to ash and s/n.i glanced at the sword in my hands, tempted i was to attack the angel beside me.i felt s/n eyeing me from the corner of her eyes.

"are you going to do it?" she whispers "it'll end the curse" i stayed silent,

not yet