Her fashion sense and the motivation she always had to dress nicely seemed to have left her too, as everything she paired up looked like a mess.

''Kavinsky's finally taking you out?'' Isaac sat straight, a terrifying grin plastered across his face.

''What? No?'' She shivered and she wanted to punch Isaac for even saying his name. ''What do you mean?''

''No?'' The boy raised his eyebrow. ''I thought as he and Gen broke up he would-''

''He and Gen broke up?'' Rita's head turned quickly to look at her cousin, doubting if she was hearing correctly or her mind was starting to play tricks. 

''Yeah.. He broke up with her after practice it was a whole fucking scene.'' The words coming out of Isaac's mouth were both a blessing and a curse. Rita stood still like she was frozen in time, not really knowing what to do with herself or her thoughts at the moment.

''What happened with all the she's my cousin and bro code talk..'' She asked as she turned back around to her closet. 

''Peter's my man and he's crazy about you since like the first day you got here, and shit I probably shouldn't be saying this.'' He snapped his fingers. 

''I been knew.'' She shook her head returning back to earth. Having Isaac now validating it made everything hurt even more.

''You do?'' He questioned.

''Yup...'' She took a deep breath. 

''Then why- Wait who are you going out with?'' Isaac stuttered for a while, his expression genuinely confused. 

''I'm going out with Alec.'' She said firmly.

Peter couldn't change his mind every 5 hours and expect people to go with it. Even though the world acted like it, he didn't own it and it sure didn't revolve around him.

''Thompson? Fuck...'' Isaac breathed out

''What?'' 

 ''You doing Peter like that, it's not like you don't know he likes you and Alec's our mate.'' Isaac sounded mad and the girl was doing everything in her power not to burst out the reality of things.

''Well Isaac, Peter can't expect everyone to think he's the fucking MVP when he's not. I am allowed to not like him or am I not?'' She raised her voice dropping a pair of white pants above her bed.

''Now that's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.'' He laughed loudly.

She closed her eyes as she massaged the bridge of her nose, trying to contain herself from bruising the friendship of the two. Isaac would never believe if Rita told him what Peter and that's how much trust he held upon Peter.  

''Well I don't anymore.'' She just wanted to scream out that she in fact hated her cousin's best friend.

''Since when?'' Her cousin snorted. ''You look at him like he puts the stars in the sky Rita c'mon.''

''Isaac for fuck sake will you leave me alone?'' She bursted out. Just hearing his name being said nonstop was making her chest ache immensely.  

The silent that fell down the bedroom for the following minutes was excruciating, and Isaac didn't even seem to be blinking as he googled her. 

''What are you not telling me?'' He asked softly as he stood up from the bed. 

Rita glanced at the floor. ''Nothing.''  

''Rita I know you. Did Peter do something to you?'' He asked lowly as he approached closer the girl.  

''No, Isaac. Peter is fucking great but I just don't feel the same way okay?'' She lied. The amounts of times she had to lie to her best friend were making her feel sick in every inch of her body. 

''Okay.'' Just like that the boy left the room, slamming the door shut. 

Tears started to build at the corners of her eyes, and she thanked god she chose to do her make up after because a second after she became one with the carpet of her room, as she sobbed silently. She wanted to be with her mother now more than ever, as she cried for it too.

''So you brought me back to the skate park?'' Rita asked as she looked around, nearly off Alec's car, she could already see the place she had fallen on the last time she had been there. ''Where I almost died?''

''Yeah, but we're not skating this time.'' He winked as he did so in his hand waved a bandanna.

''What? We're creating a rock band?'' She glanced at the tall boy with widened eyes, her hand turned in the air in pure confusion. 

''You're the death of me.'' He laughed. ''I need to cover your eyes.'' He gestured for her to turn her back to him.

''Now that is- Alec are you going to murder me?''

'''Rita, come on'' He dropped his arms to his sides, tilting his head towards the girl who held upon her lips a big smile. ''Quit teasing.'' His cold hands touched now the warm skin of her face and it was almost like she felt an electric shock run from his fingertips to her nerves. ''Can you see anything?''

''Nada.'' She shook her head. His hands are now on her shoulders.

''I got you.'' He laughed when she lost her balance for a while there. ''Okay stay here.''

''It's not like I can go anywhere while blinded.'' She moved her hands around in the air. 

''Okay, you can take it off.'' She could hear the smile in his lips even before she could see it once the bandanna was out her eyes.

It took a while for her eyes to adjust to the surroundings but when they did a rush of warmness overcame her whole existence and a huge smile formed on her lips. 

''What?  Alec...'' She gasped softly.

A fur blanket stood over the floor, adorned with a bunch of pillows and a basket full of the most delicious food.  

''Why...'' She was lost for words. She looked up to the tall boy's eyes that shone brighter than the star above their heads.

''So?'' He wondered hopeful. 

''You got monopoly I mean....'' She chuckled as she approached the boy. ''This is amazing.'' Then softly whispered against his chest as she wrapped her arms around his strong torso. 

''Are you going to kiss me?'' 

''I was thinking about it yeah.'' 

   ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌   

V

Don't kill me. Peter's coming back.