‣ josuke higashikata

req by: BoyeOfSnow

5. "No playing video games together is not considered a date."

(F/C) = favorite color

reader knows josuke has a stand but doesn't have one

--

"Josuke, let's go on a date on the weekends." you nudged his shoulder while both of you were going home, it was a Thursday and you really wanted to do something exciting during the weekends. Unluckily, your parents were always busy to plan any family bondings or road trips. You understood these reasons as for you, were already 17. But still, boring days are not good for your health.

"If you want me to go on a date with you, then you have to try harder than that - Crackhead." he pouted his lips, sounding monotone as he smirked at the retarded nickname he gave you: 'Crackhead.'

"Stop, that nickname sounds awful."

"Then answer me," Josuke pointed at himself, making sure you take note of every word that rolls out of his tongue.

"What do you think a date means for me?"

"Fancy restaurant, romantic honeymoon - one night stand? That sounds disgusting though, I would never. Uh, yeah." you answered, not really knowing well of the male and how boys work.

"False."

"Huh?"

"No playing video games together is not considered a date."

He pointed out in a voice that stood out, good thing no one was near you or else they'd think you're both having a heated argument.

"Okay.. so i'll come over to your place and we can play some shit on your console."

"Good enough! I'll see you at my place at Saturday, 3 in the afternoon sharp."

You both parted ways since your house wasn't that far from his nor near from his, more like you both were separated by neighborhood.

x

"Finally, it's Friday. If I get all my homework done then my parents should let me." you uttered to yourself, putting your books near to your chin so it could rest on the hard surface, thinking hard of what you should wear - even though it's not going to be at a fancy place you still think that you should dress well. Your appearance plays a big part in your personality, right? At least that's what they say.

You waved hi to your parents as you entered the house, rushing into your room which was upstairs. Your mom came in your room and offered dinner, you told her that you'll eat dinner once you're done with your work. She was surprised at how much effort you were putting into your assigned homework, usually you'd take hours because you would take breaks in between them.

"I forgot what 9 x 3 is now.."

Thinking too much is pretty bad for your focus.

"Nevermind, it's 27." you corrected yourself.

You have a bad trait of overthinking, but now that you got all your work done - all you have to do now is shove those papers into your bag and choose an outfit for tomorrow and grab some curry your mom made.

As you ran down the stairs, your dad heard your loud footsteps and asked; "Need anything, (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, uh, i'll get some food that mom made."

"Alright." he looked back at the newspaper and took a sip of his green tea, you turned to the kitchen as your mom greeted you with a welcoming smile. She was easier to persuade so you decided to ask her.

"Mom?"

"Yes, honey?"

"Can I go to Josuke's place for a bit tomorrow?"

"Hmm.. did you tell your dad?"

"Nope." you said, with a hint of guiltiness in your voice.

"Well then, sure! Just get home by 9. I don't want to lose my little baby!" she teased.

"Thanks mom, your cooking's great by the way." you say, scooping up a spoonful of curry and rice to your mouth. (there was a plate ready just for you)

"Ah, thank you darling!~ Why don't you ready up your outfit for your little play date?" she ribbed once again, making you flush a bit.

"Y-Yeah, i'll be getting that set up.."

"I have to wash the dishes, give me your dish after you're done eating alright?" she flashed a confident grin, going off-topic.

"Alright.." you said in a low voice, a bit flustered since your mom just went from "have fun on your date ;)))" to something off-topic. You walked over to the dining area and ate in peace, shoving all what your mom said behind and thinking of what your outfit should be. Shorts? probably not, how about a sweater?

By the time you were done eating, you were still brainstorming.

"(Y/N)? are you good over there?"

Snapping back to reality, you looked at your mom with your finished plate with some rice on it. "Yeah." you said, putting your spoon and fork on top of the dirty dish and handed it to your mom. She uttered a small "Thank you!" as you walked on the staircase.

x

You were walking over to Josuke's house.

You decided to wear a simple t-shirt and a pair of loose (not that loose) black pants along with a (F/C) hoodie.

Brushing your knuckles against the dark maroon door, a very fit lady opened the door for you - apologizing for the wait. She had black hair with a headband on, she also wore a pink polo shirt and a pair of light-blue pants.

"Hello? Ah, you must be the girl Josuke's been ramming about. Feel free to make yourself at home! I'll make dinner in a few hours, alright deary?"

"Y-Yes! Thank you Ms. Higashikata!" your voice was in a shaky tone, 'the girl Josuke's been ramming about'?

"No problem (Y/N)!~" she said, making her way to the garage while she lets you in, you closed the door behind you and saw Josuke being stressed out by being beaten in a game multiple times. He was wearing a plain white shirt and a pair of purple shorts. He groaned in a way to let out the tension in his head, then he noticed you - standing by the door frame.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)! You came here for the little 'date', right?" he asked you in a dazed tone, you nodded in response as he stood up to hug you. "You'd make such a cute girlfriend, too bad you might not feel the same though." said Josuke to himself in a whisper voice, alas, you didn't hear him.

"What's with the hug?"

"Nothing."

"O-Okay then, what video game should w-we play?"

"You-"

"Let's play Kirby Super Star!"

.
.

"(Y/N), you're boring."