7. Rumors

Silas had to go to work today and that left me here alone. No cash, no car, nothing. And I couldn't even bring myself to step out myself, because I was too scared to accidentally get lost in the city.

All I could do was sit on the couch and listen to the silence that i've grown accustomed to. The yearning of my mother's touch and angelic voice that I incredibly missed. 3 days passing by and she hasn't bothered to reply to my text messages or let alone open them.

Not even one alluring picture of herself recently posted on instagram can raise an eyebrow. 

Should I call him? Will he assume that I miss home? I frowned at the thought. 

I decided to pick up my phone and dial his number but felt nervous when I heard that he answered. 

"Miss home already-"

"Where's Mom?" I cut him off impatiently. I noticed that he took a sharp intake of breath that made me feel paranoid and worried. Did he do something to her?

"That shouldn't be your concern right now. You need to learn how to behave and be obedient."

My hand that wasn't on the phone curled into a fist. "Excuse me? That's not even related to the topic! Where the fuck is Mom?!"

I knew that I made a big mistake by cursing at Father. My legs slightly shaking from the fear of his response.

"Mom is learning how to behave as well."

"Because she found a man that actually loves her?" I replied trying to maintain the coldness in the tone of my voice.

Instead of initially getting a snappy response, he hangs up on me.

I threw my phone on the couch and yanked a piece of my hair. I could only prayed that he didn't do anything to my mom that included of him throwing her out to the streets or practically grounding her like a child from the outside. 

Anything that I felt for my father was a dark anger that I couldn't describe. It made me feel insane, the desperation of I just wanting him to experience all the pain and suffering that he has put people through. 

Stupid piece of shit.

I calmed myself down and got up to the kitchen to get a drink of water. But before I could, weirdly Dad started to spam call me. What does he want? I walked over to the bar stool and answered his call.

"What the fuck is going on?!" Father yelled through the phone and I pulled my head away from his loud voice hitting and hurting my ears.

"You mean what are you doing with Mom since she won't answer me?" I asked confused on what he meant.

"NO!"

"Then I don't understand-"

"Just why? I thought I taught you better not to slut around. Why my own best friend? Do you realize how this makes you look like a fucking slut and to the public? It hasn't even been a week." Father sneered and my heart dropped when I remembered about the paparazzi.

"Dad no this is a misunderstanding! He hugged me and we would never mess around with each other. Please I promise." I begged hoping that there was some part of him that would accept it.

The other side was quiet for a moment. "Katalina, you better not be lying to me. I will post about how it was a misunderstanding but if I ever find out how you lied about slutting around."

 "Nothing happened and nothing ever will!" 

He replied with an 'okay' and hung up. I sighed and sat down on the floor. My reputation could easily be ruined by one mistaken picture. The fact that Father said that I was slutting around really hurt, and so untrue.

By now, I'm sure Silas has seen the articles and his phone getting spammed by text messages of curious people on why he's messing with his best friend's daughter.

No matter any little butterflies I get from his presence or the yearning of sexual contact, I know my boundaries and that is to be strictly friends.

Besides he probably sees me as a child and I can't blame him.

Hours passed by and I haven't bothered to touch my phone. The only way I could let time fly is napping.

But I couldn't anymore when I heard the front door unlock and that's when my heart skipped a beat. I carefully and quietly slid off of the couch and tried to tiptoe to my room.

"Katalina. Come here."

I stood still for a moment before retracing my steps and going up to him. I felt so nervous to be near him right now and honestly I didn't expect him to talk to me.

"Yes, Silas?"

"I know that you've seen the public rumours about us by now." Silas said but something odd in the tone of his voice that I couldn't detect.

"Yeah.. I'm so sorry, but father is gonna clear it up since he has connections." I replied while uncomfortably staring at the distance between us. Is he disgusted by me? Maybe, couldn't blame him.

He didn't say anything but then caught me off guard when he reached over to hug me. I eased into it and felt relieved that he wasn't mad.

"It wasn't your fault. You don't have to worry about it because those stupid teen articles don't affect me."

"Did dad call you too?"

"Screaming and cursing. My ear was bleeding from all the hollering."

I giggled and pulled away.

"What did he say to you?"

"It's not important." I tried to let Silas brush it off but he somehow noticed that something was wrong.

He towered over me and I stared up meeting his eyes. "Fine. All he did was ask why was I slutting around and how he thought he taught me better than this."

"That's not fine at all." Silas said angrily with his eyebrows furrowing.

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing he was just angry. But there is something else. He won't let me see or talk with Mom and telling me all kinds of weird stuff like how she's learning to behave as well."

Silas looked concerned and rubbed the both of my shoulders, and leaned in to kiss my temple.

My heart pace increased and I couldn't help but blush. I hope he didn't notice. That would be extremely embarrassing.

When his fingers were now gripping my chin, he finally said, "do you want to go see if she's okay?"

"Ive barely got here.. and what if he gets mad?"

"Shh. It's okay. I'll deal with his ass if he has anything else to say, okay? Don't worry about him right now and let's just focus on your mother."

"Yeah okay."

He smiled and held my hand then  pulled me over to the couch.

I felt so embarrassed but hid it.

Turns on I got a little turned on by a simple and innocent gesture.