6. No limit

I happily went over to get a basket and strolled through the eiles, dropping in whatever caught my eye. 

Silas would follow me like a lost puppy and I know that he would try to gather the courage to tell me to slow down but I did warn him after all.

Stupid oblivious boys. 

The cart was filled up with many unhealthy things and I wouldn't be surprised if I turned out diabetic from all the amounts of sugar that i'll be consuming. Father is not about to make me eat healthy here too, thank god he isn't here to supervise.

All organic.

What a nightmare.

There were two tubes of ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough and plain vanilla, brownies and cookies to bake, many different types of hot chips, and candy. Lots of it. 

I would never literally plan to eat all of this in a day, I'd throw up. It's more of a snack pile for me to eat when I do not feel like eating real food.

"Are you just getting junk food?" Silas asked eyeing all of the items that I put.

"I mean I was planning on getting water too and fruit."

"That's so much."

"You told me I had no limit, plus I deserve this after having a little cat fight."

Silas laughed and shook his head. "A little cat fight? You broke her nose and ripped out her hair!"

"I ripped out her hair too? Didn't even notice."

Actually, I didn't want to admit it out loud but I felt like a badass after that. I've never been in a real fight before since it was bad manners but whenever i'm far from 'home', I feel like a whole different person.

It made me want to jab at someone else. Release all of the anger within me.

I just wished that Mom would answer or call me back.

Whenever she would come into mind, I would be so worried about her. Is father preventing her to call me back? Maybe he's upset because she cheated but I surely wouldn't blame her. Or it's because I cannot last a day without her by my side.

I didn't want to see a worker's judgemental stares while scanning my items so it was better to self checkout instead.  Once I finished with putting everything into the bag with no help at all from Silas, I opened up my hand and said "Card.".

He handed me his black credit card which I quickly got a hold of. Such a beautiful thing that was worth so much.

When we walked outside, Silas placed all of the grocery bags into the trunk of his car. I smiled and patted his back to show how proud I was but he hugged me and it wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't see the flashing camera lights that were now surrounding us.

Many people were rushing up to me and I froze in the arms of Silas. I prayed that I wouldn't be on the headlines.

"Katalina is it true that your father kicked you out of the house?" One of them said and numerous of offending questions were thrown at me.

Silas came to his senses and stepped in front of me. "How about you get the fuck away from her now? Katalina get inside of the car now."

I nodded and went inside of the car and locked it immediately. Minutes passed by before they finally left us alone and then Silas got hold of the steering wheel, speeding away from this mess. I could tell that he was angry. Tonight just wasn't a good day for us.

It's alright though, it'll get better. 

After all it's only the second day here.

"Are you okay?" I finally asked since he hasn't spoken a word.

"Yeah. They were just so god damn annoying and asked the most outrageous questions. Tonight just has been fun, huh?"

I giggled and played with the radio until a decent song came on . No one didn't speak after but it was nice to have a silence where it was comforting enough for me to relax. My phone vibrated and I lifted it up to see who texted me.

Oh no one did. I rolled my eyes just to see it was an email. It really shows me how much I am loved by my family and friends.

I got into a nice position and close my eyes for merely a second, I swear, but I had fallen into a slumber.

"Wake up we're here."

I groaned in annoyance and stepped out, walking inside of the building. There were many people in the lobby and hallways that greeted Silas and whispered among themselves wondering why 'Katalina Klein' is in Las Vegas.

More importantly why she wasn't with her father but his best friend.

I allowed them to conspire their theories as to why I was here. It didn't bother me as much anymore. 

We stepped into the elevator which was thankfully empty, I did not want to deal with anyone else today. My hands started to hurt from carrying the grocery bags and I laid them down on the elevator's floor.

"You only have three bags, how hard is it to carry it for three minutes?"

"Extremely. I don't know about you but I don't do anything."

Silas hummed with the same elevator music that they always have on.

I would kill myself if I were to be stuck inside of a room and to hear that same exact one for days. I couldn't last.

Once we finally reached the penthouse I forgot about the bags and ran to the couch, flying on it and rolling around on it. Felt like actual heaven.

"Thanks for helping me." Silas butted in on my paradise.

"Yeah you're welcome, I did most of the work."

He scoffed and walked to the kitchen, placing them on the table. I rushed over to them and picked out the snacks that I craved the most. I wanted to forget all about dinner and nap on a couch but first watch movies.

I think this is what I deserve.

Since Silas's little mistress couldn't help herself. I didn't want to be nosy and put my nose into someone's business even though my inner thoughts were dying to know what relations he had with that girl. 

"Are you still going to watch the movies with me or are you still mad?" I asked and would be bummed out if he wanted to skip and go straight to bed.

"It's not like i'm mad at you. Just today has been the worst for you and you just-"

I left the room and threw the stuff in my hands on one of the seats in the living room. Silas followed and crossed his arms and watched me curiously. I laid back on the loveseat and rested my eyes for a moment but opened them when I felt his burning through my body.

"I'm not mad! Let's not hold grudges and watch movies. Make up for the lost time before you head back to work." I quivered my lip and did the best puppy face I could to have him snap out of his nonsense.

He hesitated for a moment but I swear that he just couldn't resist.

"fine."