2. Goodbye

I woke up to the sound of loud voices that were going back and forth to each other. In an instant, I recognized that the voices had belonged to Mom and Dad.

Glancing over to my wall clock it showed 10:30 A.M.  

The argument seemed to grow more heated as I heard something thrown at wall from downstairs. I became fearful for Mom, hoping that Father didn't lay a finger on her.

I slid out of bed and tip toed downstairs, stopping at the last step and peeked over from the wall to the kitchen on the right.

"You will not take my daughter away from me!" Mom cried slapping my Father's cheek, it echoed throughout the house. 

Instead of lashing out on her like he did me, he rubbed the now red spot. "She needs to learn how to respect us. Please Bella, she needs to learn."

"So you think kicking her out the house would help? The anger got the best of her! All she wanted was to see her dad the day he came home but like always, you just had to see one of your mistresses before your own family. I'm so sick of you!" Mom cried out and stormed out the kitchen, heading for the stairs but stopped when she saw me. 

The girl who was trying to not let his words get to me or to cry, but failing miserably.

He's kicking me out.

Mom pulled me down from the last step, and held me while stroking my hair. The thing she would do to calm me down.

"That's enough! Katalina sweetheart. This is just for the best."

I pulled out of Mom's hold and turned around. "No fuck you! I need to learn to respect you two? I respect Mom. Someone who bothers to be here for me and try to make this family stick together, but you're just the person who's ruining it. I hate you!" I yelled and saw his face crumble. It satisfied me enough to see that he has emotions.

"You are going to leave!"

"No she's not!" Mother pushed me behind her. 

"Get out the damn way!" Father growled shoving Mom to the side, too harshly making her stumble down on the ground.

Everything froze when Dad saw what he did. He took his attention off of me and went over to help Mom, but instead she swatted his hands away from her. 

"If she goes, so will I." Mom declared.

I smiled ear to ear, as Mom was so stubborn to let me go even if it meant her losing the man she loves. Until everything came crashing down.

"If you leave me, I'll expose you." 

Mom got up and I noticed the guilty expression. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

I noticed Father's disgusted look he gave Mom. "Well why won't you tell her?" He asked her. Mom didn't say anything, staring down at her feet. 

"You wanna call me a damn cheater huh? What about your mother here secretly seeing my brother and planning to move you both there?"

"What exactly is there to exposed to the public?"

"Their sex tape."

This whole time she's been seeing Uncle Mark, yet cries when Dad cheats? Or was it all an act? I furrowed my eyebrows at Father's way of keeping Mom trapped with him.

"You're sick you know that? You probably got a hard on from watching that-"

Father went over to me and slapped me two times, on both of my cheeks. I rubbed them and didn't bother to utter another word. He always seems to get what he wants anyways.

"Now you better say goodbye to your daughter, Bella. She'll come back when she learns." His eyes softened at her appearance, red runny nose and the multiple tears that wouldn't stop slipping out of the corner of her eyes. She froze when Dad cupped her cheeks and wiped them away, and I couldn't tell if it was love that she had in her eyes or hatred.

Mom ran over to me and kissed my cheek, crying on my shoulder. I patted her back, and ran my fingers through her silky black hair. I whispered into her ear, "If this is true about you actually messing around with Uncle Mark, I'm proud. I am sure he's much better than this horny gunk." Mom giggled and wiped her tears with a nod.

I watched Dad go order one of the maids to pack most of my clothes.

For once I might be able to breathe once I leave, but I wouldn't be able to at the thought of Mom being with Dad all alone now. What if he starts hitting her or exposes her anyways? Regardless if she stays or not.

An hour later, I watched Dad pack my bags into the back of his car and waited for me to get in. 

I shakingly opened the door and hopped in, moving as far as I could away from him. My legs right by the door.

"I just want you to respect me, okay? Even if Mom and I don't have the healthiest relationship."

"I can't respect a father who is never home, couldn't even be there for my birthdays as you were too busy to buy lingerie for your mistresses." I sadly whispered, the remembrance of all the times I felt alone and the wanting of a real relationship with my father.

The affection and love from him.

I heard Dad sigh and turned off the radio, the car now filled with a unpleasant silence. 

He parked in front of the airport and handed me my ticket, "Avoid paparazzi." I scoffed and opened the door, before I got the chance to slam the door shut, words from him that I'd never heard from him before broke my heart.

"Love you, be safe."

The only time he's bothered to even say it to me is when he sends me away. I didn't believe his crappy words and slammed the car door, muttering distasteful words.

**