Chapter 3: Mission Accomplished

Start from the beginning

"We can always spar, I have free time so feel free to visit me. By the way, are you kids all right?" I ask.

"Y-yes sir." They said.

"Wonder why do they even have to kidnap some students from a primary combat school."

"Don't know, maybe they need them to fight for them?" Arthur said.

"That may be a fact." I said.

"Well as expected from one of the smartest kids from 8 years ago." John said sarcastically.

"You're just jealous of me." He chuckles.

"I am not." He said.

Minutes later, the police finally arrived and arrested the kidnappers while the student's parents arrive to pick them up.

Arthur got paid and gave me half of the lien he owe me. I look at him with a raised brow.

"What? Blame them that they didn't pay me much."

"But you still owe me the half of it." I said.

"Hey guys I'm hungry, how 'boat we go eat somewhere."

"Yeah sure that'll be great."

The three of us exited the scene and went to the nearest noodle stand. Where the old man who owns almost every shop in Remnant is.

The each of us ordered one and wait for it to arrive.

"I'm kinda wondering for years now that how does this old man able to handle multiple shops, whenever and wherever I am, I always see him." John said.

"Don't know, maybe he has some kind of semblance I guess." Arthur answered.

"We'll never know." I said.

Our meal finally arrived and gave him our money.

"He even cook these noodles in an instant."

"Lets just eat."

We started munching on our food as quietly. Arthur swallowed his noodles and looks at me.

"Hey I remember not long ago that you aren't living alone now. So who's with you?"

"My daughters." I said bluntly.

In the corner of my eye, I could see John choked on his noodles. He drinks a glass of water and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief then looks at me.

"You're kidding right? We haven't even heard that you're married."

"Nope, I adopted them yesterday." I said as I finish my food.

"So can we check on those adopted daughters of yours?" Arthur said.

"You can but maybe tomorrow."

"Okay, I want to see how they look like. Maybe I can even bring Haile to meet some new friends." He said.

"Yeah, yeah. By the way, have any of you guys heard how Karra is doing?"

"She is doing alright, though she has pretty busy with her missions since Ozpin always ask her to do some stuff." John replied.

"Guess that old man sure is always busy. Wonder what is he even hiding."

After all the chit-chat, we part ways and got back home. When I'm finally in front of the door, I was about to unlock it but I heard a very familiar voice.

"Finally I manage to talk to you without chasing you around." The voice is rather raspy.

I stop at what I was doing and turn around to see an old comrade of mine, Qrow.

"About time you show up after a long time."

"I'm not here to have a friendly talk, you know I'm here for them."

"Oh, so you finally decided to visit them? After what he did to them."

"I don't know what you're talking about but just give them to me and I'll leave."

"I won't just give my daughters to you, and let me guess, Tai didn't tell you huh?"

"What do you mean? And they aren't your daughters." He said angrily.

"I don't like talking here outside, so let's just sort this out inside" I said unlocking my door.

I walk in and soon Qrow followed and closed the door. I sat on the couch as he lean on the wall in the living room.

"First off. I adopted them yesterday, so they're officially my daughters. Second, did Tai even told you the whole thing?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Guess he didn't. Obviously." I sigh and place my dagger on the coffee table.

"Just tell me what happened." He said.

"I'll tell you. But you won't like it."

He waits patiently for my words and I sigh.

"You know what? I'll just tell you tomorrow."

"Ugh, fine. I'll come by your house at noon." He said and walks away until he is now out of the house.

I locked the door and sigh again. My hand runs through my hair as I think.

"(Best way to not say to him now. Or it'll just cause more of my troubles.)"

Heading upstairs and inside the bedroom, I sit on the side of the bed and look at the two.

I caress their cheeks, getting a smile from them. I stand back up and enter inside the old room. I look at my watch and saw that it is 12:45pm.

"Guess I have to clean this now."

I started cleaning the room and arrange the furnitures.