CHAPTER 2- Fashion Show

We were informed that the fashion show was going to be organized next week. The Robinson fashion show was popular in the country. They were going to promote and market their clothing and accessories. The show featured some of the world's leading fashion models. Many national and international celebrities and investors were going to attend this show. They were going to show their upcoming clothing and supplements on their brand name. Our clothing was particularly based on varieties of gowns, A-line gown, stealth gown, voluminous gown, and ruffs. They set the theme of ultra blue.

I was nervous because I had heard they would invite popular musicians and pop- bands. I was the biggest fan of Maroon-5, Drake, and Rita Ora. I was hoping they would invite one of them so that I could have a chance to see them live. I was going to attend the show in person and I was going to meet a lot of celebrities whom I used to see on TV and in magazines.

I looked down at my desk; I was working on an A-line gown for two hours. I had just finished ten copies of designer drafts and again I had got orders for fifteen more. I loved my work, but it was stressing me out. The back of my head was throbbing because of three hours of continuous work. I wanted some rest to regain my energy back, otherwise, I would have fainted at any moment. I put the files aside and made my way to the canteen.

I befriended two beautiful ladies in this house. The first one was Ava, the personal secretary of Henry and the second one was Sarah, the manager of the human resource department. They both were very generous, creative, and talented women.

And I didn't like other staff here because they always insulted me, made fun of me, and called me poor and ugly. Since I didn't have a high-profile family, those people always tried to turn away from me. I didn't care about them because such people didn't exist in my life.

The people who mattered to me were Ava and Sarah. They came from wealthy families, but they never looked down on me. I didn't know their exact family background, but I could assume through their dress and style that they came from an upper-class family. They were really sweet to me. Both of them were much more experienced than me. Whenever I needed their help, they were always there for me.

I walked down the hallway and entered the canteen. As usual, people were talking and giggling. I ordered my favorite food, cheese pasta. I didn't have breakfast in the morning properly. Mom always complained to me I was becoming a workaholic day by day and was not paying attention to my loving parents. And you know what she was right.

How did I convince her I had to work hard for my family because I wanted to pay off my father's debt as soon as possible? It was becoming increasingly difficult for him to pay a higher rate of interest, and it was also affecting his health.

I quickly shook away his thoughts because it made me feel sad whenever I think about his health. Besides, I was already tired.

I placed my tray on the table before sitting down in the chair. Those supermodels were sitting across from my table, whispering something.

"Look at her sticky hair," one of the girls chirped, pointing at my hair.

"Ewe! It looks like a nest." Another one commented, and then they all erupted into a laugh. Again they were humiliating me. I had long hair, and it was obvious my bun look big. I didn't like to do a ponytail because it caused me headaches and I couldn't handle loose hair.

"What are you talking about?" I heard Sarah. I glanced over my shoulder and found her next to my table, glaring at those supermodels. "I asked what you were talking about?" She gritted out at them.

Sometimes I felt weak when she came to my rescue. She always tried to save my ass from those supermodels. She was rude, and I wondered how she ended up with my friend. We had different personalities. But I liked her guts. She was bold and courageous.