Chapter 1- Insane

"Alice!!" Mom called out. "What are you doing?" She knocked on the door, which made me jump. "Get up, Honey?"

I got off the bed, stretching my body. "I'm coming, mom!!" I yawned and headed towards the door before I answered it. "Good morning, mommy." I instantly pulled her into a hug because I always started my day with her warm hug.

She hugged me back, smiling. "Good morning, honey. I've been trying to wake you up for fifteen minutes. You know very well, today is the first day of your work at Robinson's."

The second I heard Robinson, my heart fluttered in excitement. I pulled myself back, looking into her hazel eyes. "I know, mom. You don't have to worry about it. I'll get ready on time."

"Yeah, you better do," she said before leaving.

I sighed, feeling thousands of butterflies bursting in my tummy. I was extremely excited to work at Robinson Fashion House.

Robinson Fashion House!

I dreamed of becoming a fashion designer since childhood. I remembered the day I had designed my mother's clothes for her seventeenth anniversary. At that time we did not have enough money to buy new clothes. My family background had always been disappointing. My father was a laborer in the company and my mother was a housewife. Despite this, they had managed everything for me.

Throughout my life, I would never forget the sacrifices my family made to help me achieve my dream. My father never cared for his needs but took care of mine. My dream couldn't be true without the money he borrowed from his company.

And finally, the day had come when I had time to prove myself as a good daughter. I got a chance to give a better life to my parents. I could proudly say that I am a fashion designer of Robinson's.

The Robinson fashion house was the most popular across the country. They were mostly designed for celebrities and highly rich people. Their designs were classy, elegant, and modern. If we made an appointment, we had to wait for six months. And this fashion house was owned by Mr. Henry Robinson. He was one of the youngest billionaires in the country. I heard he was just thirteen when he started his modeling career. And after that, he had become a fashion designer at sixteen.

Ugh, Alice, relax!! Don't overthink!

I sighed and went into the bathroom. Peeling my clothes, I stepped into a warm shower. It might relax my overwhelming brain. For the past few days, many thoughts were running through my mind. How do I work there? How will I react when I face Henry Robinson? How will I be able to modify myself in such a multinational company?

Pushing the thought away, I wrapped a towel around my body and got out of the bathroom. I put on a pair of jeans and a white top and pulled my long brown hair into a tight bun and kept my face free of makeup. I found myself a bit boring when I checked my appearance in the mirror. I always like to keep my look natural and simple.

I walked downstairs and entered the kitchen. "It looks like you're not ready yet!" Mom studied me from head to toe.

"I'm ready, Mom."

"Are you being serious? Look at your clothes."

I looked down at myself. "Yeah, what's wrong with these clothes? These were gifted by dad and I promised him I would wear them on the first day of my job."

"I can understand, honey! But you also need to understand that you are going to work in the biggest fashion house in the country." She stroked my cheek. "My daughter is so beautiful and I want people to notice her. Alice, don't hide your beauty. You're only twenty-three and you're living like a sixty-year-old granny."