Rose

I woke up when I felt a harsh grip on me. My eyes opened to see a man in black sunglasses carrying me somewhere. I went to try and get out of his grasp but I couldn't when I felt my hands couldn't move apart. They were tied together. And so were my feet. I felt very weak and I couldn't do anything to get out of his grip. He then set me down on a couch and I groaned as my head hit the not so soft arm of the couch. The man took off his hat and his glasses revealing his face. He had long greasy brown hair that fell past his forehead, dark eyes, and some facial hair. He took off his leather jacket and threw it on the ground before sitting down and grabbing my legs. He roughly took off the rope that tied my feet together and my hands.

"What do you want?" I asked. My voice was quivering and I did not sound like myself. He hushed me and threw the rope to the ground. "Please, I'm hurt,"

"I know, just one taste," his eyes turned red and veins grew out beneath them as well as fangs. He's a vampire.

"Trevor!" I heard a woman yell making him stop just as he was about to bite my neck. "Control yourself," her accent was strong. The man, Trevor, rolled his eyes as he stood up. The woman has straight short brown hair and green eyes.

"Buzz kill," he said to her before walking away.

"What do you want with me?" I asked the woman slowly sitting up on the couch wincing at the pain in my shoulder still.

"My god, you look just like her," she said walking closer. Her heels clicked against the old hardwood floor.

"But, I'm not-"

"Be quiet," she hushed me.

"My name is Tessa Gilbert. You don't have to do this,"

"I know who you are now I said be quiet," she spat in my face and seconds after that everything went black.

******************************************

My eyes struggled to open as my head was pounding. I put my hand over my eyes when the brightness began to burn them.

"Did you call him?" I heard a man mumble.

"No. I called one of his contacts. You know how this works," she said to him harshly.

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" I heard him ask her. Who's Elijah? I slowly sat up on the couch and stood up following their voices.

"They say he got it," she said to him. I peaked past the door to see her pacing back and forth the room down the hall.

"Wonderful. And what?"

"So, that's it Trevor. He either got it, or he didn't. We just have to wait,"

"Look it's not too late. We can leave it here. We don't have to go through with this," he told her raising his voice. What are they talking about? and why did they take me? Is Stefan looking for me? Does he know I'm gone.

"I'm sick of running," she said.

"Yeah? well, running keeps us from dying," he exclaimed stepping closer to her.

"Elijah is old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free," I went to walk away but the floor creaked from under me making me well known I was listening. "You! There's nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?" she asked walking up to me. Her eyes darkened when she looked at me. She almost looked confused that I didn't look scared of her.

"Who's Elijah?" I asked biting the inside of my cheek. It was so hard for me not to punch her but I knew that would cause a huge problem for me if I tried.