Let the Right One In

After the crazy incident Stefan drove me home and kissed me goodbye leaving me alone in the house. Alone with my own thoughts. I looked at the small flip phone on my dresser and sighed. Something has to be in that phone. Like possibly a number or something that contacts Isobel or someone close with her. I have to look. I grabbed the phone and opened it going to recents calls looking at the numbers. This number, it seems familiar. I pressed call and waited as it rung against my ear. For small moments like this, I need my sister. Elena should be here with me, right now and-

    "Was there a problem, did you find her? What's going on?" a woman's voice asked and my breath hitched as my eyes widened. Is this her?

    "Isobel?" my shaky voice asked echoing through the old flip phone. There was silence and the phone beeped. She hung up on me. Was that her? It had to be if whoever that was hung up without saying anything. Wow, she really doesn't want to talk to me huh? Does she hate me?

    ******************

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down," Stefan said to me as I leaned against my locker.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I don't know. He waited 145 years, only to find out Katherine could not care less. I mean that's gotta hurt right?"

"It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy," I joked and Stefan laughed while I smiled.

"You have every reason to be upset with him," he said and I hummed in agreement. Of course I do, he said he killed my birth mother but she's still alive, I think.

"Have you thought anymore about what you're going to do?"

"About what? Isobel my vampire birth mother, whose related to my vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother. Nah, haven't thought about it all," I said sarcastically making Stefan chuckle.

"I'm sorry I brought it up,"

"It's just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or brother,"

"No vampires at all?" he pouted and I laughed.

"No vampires but you. I just want to get us back to normal stuff, like school...and homework, and here's a thought fun," I smiled and he gasped.

"Ooh, that sounds fun to me, when do we start?" he smiled and I laughed grabbing his hand walking down the hall to class. I was about to let go of him to go to class but he pulled me closer and kissed me pushing me against the lockers.

"We still didn't finish that thing we started last night," he whispered against my lips and I groaned pushing back his chest.

"I have class though," I said and he grabbed my waist.

"Let's just skip this one class," he begged.

"But I have already missed a lot of school," I said and he pouted but then agreed with me.

"Fine but, we finish this later yeah?" he asked and I nodded and kissed him one last time before leaving to go to my next class.

***************

"Come on, let's go have fun at the grill. Caroline and Matt are supposed to meet us there," Stefan said grabbing my arm. I groaned but reluctantly followed him. I don't want to go with them to this date thing, they are honestly weird together and I don't know how it happened. I thought Matt was still caught up on Elena but I guess not. Once we got to the grill we sat down at a table and started talking about random stuff.