Chapter 39

A/N: I watched this so I know a little bit about basketball. Don't judge me, lol. It's a little embarrassing but I left the video so all of you guys know how a basketball game works. I actually remembered all the rules and how a game works because I used to be in basketball last year. :)

"Good morning Emery students! It's pizza day tomorrow, so be sure to bring your money. Girls basketball club is today at lunch, eat in the gym. Boys basketball club is next week, so remember..."

I mentally squealed as I listened to the announcements. I can't wait for basketball! I also plan on apologizing to Alex today, I feel like I was too harsh on him.

I glance over at him and see him talking to Nate and Dylan. Now, I know I kind of sound creepy saying this, but all three of them are good looking. Nate sees me staring and his lips spread into a smirk, I quickly avert my eyes but I still see him tapping Dylan and Alex's shoulder, making them turn to him. Nate whispers something to them and they look at me.

I'm dead. 

"Alright, everyone!" Mrs. Freizer exclaims, grinning happily. "Good morning! Now, hopefully, you all studied for the quiz today. Clear your desks and just have a pencil in your hand."

Everyone groaned, but nonetheless, everyone did what they were told. Now, you're probably thinking 'why the hell are they having a quiz already?' Well, to answer that question, it's just something we always do every year. Just to jog our memory since we've been on summer vacation.

Mrs. Freizer moved around, handing everyone their quiz. She had said that the quiz is only a page long, so that's good. 

She gave me mine and smiled slightly, I could tell it was fake. She used to have Drake in her class, so she know automatically thinks I'm like him. I hate it when teachers think that, especially when they're nothing alike.

I looked down at the quiz and nodded, it looked easy enough. I'm not exaggerating or bragging, but, I think an 11-year-old can do this. 

A | QUIZ | LATER

"Okay everyone, turn your sheets over. Pack everything, we have three minutes left of class. I'll come around and collect all your quizzes," Mrs. Frezier announced. I put down my book since I finished early and I'm sure everyone did too. 

I already packed up everything as I put away my book in my backpack. I just waited for the bell to ring and once it did, all the kids rushed out. One poor kid fell and I swear her glasses cracked, I shook my head and crouched down and helped her and gave her glasses back. She smiled at me, her braces shining through the sunlight. I think I've seen her around before, Hope. 

"Thanks, Harper," she said and I couldn't but smile. Before I could say anything else, she got shoved into me. I grabbed her shoulders as her cheeks redden slightly. 

"Watch where you're going glasses," Dylan sneered at her. I looked at him with disbelief, as Hope looked down.

"I think you should watch where you're going. You shoved her into me!" I scowled at Dylan. Did I mention that Dylan and Nate were bullies? Well, I think now you know.

Dylan stared at me, "Why are you defending this loser?"

"I-I think I should leave," Hope quietly muttered. She walked off before I could stop her. I sighed angrily and glared at Dylan.

"You shouldn't be rude to people," I told him. I then noticed that the bell rang. I glanced at Nate and Alex who were watching with amusement, I'll just apologize to Alex later.