let it be

Jenna finished cleaning up the shop and was now on her way home. She walked to the front door, taking her keys out and opening the door. She kicked off her shoes, putting her purse down. Turning her body to the direction of the kitchen to make herself a snack, she stopped once she saw her older brother who she hasn't seen since he left for the army.

"Steven?" Jenna gasped and ran into his arms. She cried into his shoulder not letting go of her brother. "I've missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Jenn." Steven said.

Steven's dad wasn't Jenna's dad, but she didn't care. Steven was her half brother, but Jenna treated him like he was her real brother. They did everything together.

He let go of her and chuckled. "Look at you having your own shop. I don't really like coffee, but I'll try yours anyday."

"Thanks. Do mom and dad know you're here? Are you tired? You can have the guest room down the hall. Where's your stuff?" Jenna rambled.

Steven put his hands over Jenna's mouth. "Jenn, mom and dad know. I'm not tired and I'll sleep on the couch or anywhere available. My stuff is in the kitchen."

Jenna furrowed her eyebrows and took Steven's hands off of her mouth. "Why is it in the kitchen?"

"The kitchen was the first place I went when I got here."

💫

Jenna laughed at the story Steven was telling her about his friend. They were catching up on everything from the small things like how he got a paper cut from a letter that their mom sent to jenna having brian may and roger taylor come to her shop.

"He posted on his Instagram? You lucky bitch." Steven said and placed his bowl of vanilla ice cream on the counter.

"That I am." Jenna smiled down at her bowl of ice cream while playing with it with her spoon.

"I also noticed a certain gwilym lee interacting. All I'm going to say is that I approve and he is good looking." Steven gave jenna a thumbs up.

"Steven! Okay he is good looking but he isn't interested in me. And I'm okay with that."

"Lies! Give it time and next thing you know, you're having coffee in paris and after that he'll be down on one knee." Steven said. "Cue that one Beatles song called let it be,"

"Why that one?"

"I think it's their best song, fight me."