coffee dates

It was almost closing time for jenna. She let everybody go home early since not that many people were in the shop. Jenna cleaned the counters and threw away trash when a bell dinged signaling that someone had entered.

"Sorry, but we're closed. We open at six tomorrow if you want to come back." Jenna said looking up and saw gwilym with his hands in his pockets.

"How about a coffee?" He asked.

"I don't think you've noticed, but I'm surrounded by coffee by entire day." Jenna said chuckling. "But sure,"

Gwilym nodded and went to sit down at a table while jenna made their coffee. "Just you?"

"Uh yeah. I let everybody go home early. Our usual customers were not here today which was really strange because they're here every day. But I guess they'll come back when they want." Jenna poured coffee into two mugs and placed one in front of gwilym. "Just you?"

"Yeah, my friends were tired and sleep sounded better to them than coffee." Gwilym said and took a sip of his drink. "How do you get it to taste so good? You have a gift for making coffee."

Jenna smiled and handed him a napkin. "I really don't know. I tried to make it how my grandma used to before she passed away. Hers is better though."

"Sorry to hear about your grandma. Would've been lovely to meet her."

Both were now sitting in silence. It wasn't awkward silence, it was more of a comfortable silence. As the soft tune of elvis' song 'can't help falling in love with you' filled the shop, gwilym looked at jenna as she looked at her cup. He started to notice the little details on her face. Jenna lifted her head and saw that gwilym turned away.

"It's getting pretty late. Don't you have to be filming a movie tomorrow?" Jenna asked and drank the last bit of her coffee. "Brian showed me the video of your friends and you playing bohemian rhapsody. He looked like a proud dad."

"Well we were proud children. If that makes any sense." Gwilym chuckled.

"Makes perfect sense."