Extreme Demons

Clary POV

Today was not going to be good. I could feel it, or maybe it's just because I know Alec will be at the Institute today. The guy literally hates me. I don't know what I did to him, besides the getting him bite by a demon. But he hated me before that.

I discarded the picture I had been drawing. Recently I had been having these weird dreams. I had decided to draw a scene from one of them, hoping I could get some information about it.

I heard Isabelle squeal and knew Alec was home. I quietly moved towards the door and twisted the knob. I peaked out and saw Alexander and Isabelle walk towards the kitchen.

I turned the corner and listened in on their conversation. I knew I shouldn't but they barely told me anything and I would have to get my information somehow.

"So what happened? What did you guys do? Where did he buy it for you?" Isabelle asked Alec. Wait, Alec? Why would some guy buy something for him, he is such a jerk? Why did Izzy care so much?

"Iz be quiet. I'll tell you but not here. A redhead is listening to us" Alec told her.

"I have a name you know" I informed him as I walked from behind the corner, in full view. There was only a few feet between us.

"I know but I don't care" he replied.

"Why not? I live here too. You could at least try to not be a jerk"

"Why not? You nearly got me killed. I don't think that nearly getting someone killed is typical friend material but I could be wrong. You are here temporarily, you will be leaving" he responded.

"Alec don't be so mean" Jace said, coming up behind me. He put a hand on my waist but removed it when Alec gave us a death glare.

"Whatever. I'll talk to you later Izzy. I'm leaving" he said but I wasn't done yet.

"Where are you going? You always leave," I knew exactly what to say to get him upset. My lips turned up in a smirk.

"There isn't even any use in giving you the Institute. I'm here more than you are, it would be better off if I had it". I definitely hit it

The next thing I knew Alec's hands were around my throat and I was pushed up against a wall, my feet weren't touching the ground.

"I have worked my entire life for this. No stupid mundane is going to get in the way of this. I don't care if whatever you do to yourself, or how much danger you are in. The only reason I saved you that one time is because of Jace and I will not do that again, so I'd be either better equipped to handle it or be ready to die. Either way, I. Don't. Care." Alec hissed at me.

"Alec let her go" Jace begged. Alec turned and looked at him, betrayal in his eyes.

"Fine. Take care of your mundane. It's all you want to do. It's not like our friendship means anything anymore. You know her for five seconds and instantly I'm invisible again" he said, as he dropped me and stalked away towards the door.

Jace ran towards me. "Are you okay?" I nodded weakly. He was grimacing.

Magnus POV

My mid-afternoon nap was interrupted by a knock at my door. With a groan I lifted myself up off the couch and went to the door.

I opened it and saw Alec on the other side. There was a bouquet of the same flowers he always gets me. I love him so much.

It honestly meant so much because I could tell something was wrong. I grabbed his hand with one hand and gestured for him to enter with the other. He set the flowers down on the nearest surface, which happened to be the table on which my TV was mounted.