What Magnus Didn't Say

Magnus POV

"Blood, you know you love the taste. Kill, they love it. Taking lives is fun. Don't worry about it, they aren't our equals. They will die, you save them from the suspense and pain that life brings.

"Harder, train harder. Power, more power. You bathe in blood and have no remorse. Reign, reign, reign

"He died because you didn't try hard enough. He died because you felt something for him. That is why he died. You killed him. You killed him like you killed everyone else. You weren't in control and he paid for it. He cleansed you of your debt. Just as you cleansed him of life.

"Too much that you didn't think about. You just had to feel something. You just had to, if you hadn't everything would've been fine. He wouldn't have died.

"You could've saved him. You could've saved both of them. You miss the little boy, the one you knew no pain. You miss the man that actually cared. You miss them both and if you hadn't felt for them they could've survived. You could've saved them. They didn't have to end up six feet under, they didn't have to die.

"Now bow and accept it. Accept it and move on. Remember this as a lesson; your love only kills. No one can truly love the beast that hides under children's bed. No one can truly love one that kills relentlessly. Not one person can love the beast. And you are a fool to think any different. "

The mind then shattered. Broken into a million pieces, never to be complete. Insane and deranged, was the cover for the most broken person you were to ever meet. That's what made him dangerous. Death and war became hobbies to pass time. Pain began to blend into normal feelings. He was numb, the words circled his mind and he didn't even realize he was crying as a knife pierced his skin. The red liquid slid off of his palm but he didn't feel it.

"The cr... Never again....no one has to
kno.. please no.... No one ever list.."

"Magnus"

"Magnus, wake up." I groaned and rolled over. I felt Alec's lips against my shoulder. "Wake up".

I turned over to face him. His bright blue eyes scanned my face and his brows furrowed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing love. Just a nightmare" I assured him.

"What was it about? You've been having them ever since we found out the Demon Court could be back last week." Alec said.

"It's nothing Alexander" I told him.

"Tell me or I'm not coming back all week. The only person you'll have to sleep with you is Chairman" Alec threatened.

"That isn't fair" I whined.

"Then tell me" he responded.

"Fine. They've been about what my older friends told me it was like during the Demon Court's reign. Blood everywhere, innocent people dying and havoc was an everyday thing. It's sounds awful and I don't want it to happen now. Not when I've just found you, not when we haven't had much time together" I relented.

"It won't happen again. Magnus there is nothing to be afraid of." Alec told me.

I turned back around under him, where my face is in the pillow. Alexander pressed soft kisses down my bare spine, shoulders and neck. He leaned over to my ear and kissed it. "Wake up"

"Nope" I said. He continued to interrupt my attempts at sleeps by leaving kisses on my body.

"Come on Mags. We have to go to the Institute."

"You have to go" I replied.

"I don't wanna go alone. I want you with me. My dad isn't happy about us. What if he tries to do something? To me." Alec said.