13/ bonding time.

"Livia Meyer, could you please move your ass and come over here?! We need to get you ready!"

Sofía's tone didn't face me the slightest as I kept munching on the bag of Cheetos in my hand. I was lazily residing on Sof's bed as Maliah and her were getting ready for the party of the month. The all so famous birthday party held by none other than the captain of the cheerleading squad: Miranda Summers. She is beautiful, popular and funny, the ultimate sweetheart of Lawfield High.

Suddenly somebody yanked the bag out of my grasp and I sat up simultaneously, trying to defend my possession, "Hey! I paid for that."

After devouring a few Cheetos by herself, Sof waved the bag in front of my face, "You'll get this bag. If you stand up and put on your outfit," She said in a sing-song voice.

"If you thought, you could use Cheetos to blackmail me," I paused dramatically, "you were totally right."

"Aren't you excited to see the costumes?! The designer did an amazing job, am I right Maliah?" Sofía squealed.

I disapproved of her spending that much money for a stupid Halloween costume since I know how hard earning money is but Sof shushed me whenever I addressed that topic. She would always say that the money was worth it because this costume was apparently helping us bond.

Maliah turned to us with a beam on her face, "Livia, it really turned out great! Your outfits are iconic."

Sof than started gushing about her choice of costume. Maliah was going as Cleopatra. Her hair was in countless short braids, a golden necklace on top that she used as a fancy headpiece. Her makeup, consisting of a dramatic eye look and a beaten face, was already perfected.

"You look stunning, Maliah," I complemented in awe.

She flipped her braids over her shoulder, and replied, "Thanks girls! My brushes worked damn hard for this look."

A chuckle escaped my lips at that.

"I wonder what the boys are going as," Sof wondered out loud.

First, the guys didn't want to go as anything but Sofía's hot temper scared them too much to really go against her plans. According to them, it's supposed to be a surprise. They only mentioned that it was Ashton's idea.

"Same here," Maliah said from across the room.

All of a sudden Sofía pushed a coat hanger wrapped up in a white bag in my hands, and shooed me to her bathroom.

I only knew that I was going as Adelita and Sofía as Araceli La Waldo. I would be wearing a dress inspired by Western fashion in the 1900s, whereas Sof would be wearing a Hispanic gown. An important feature both sisters were famous for, were the same headbands decorated with red roses.

I slowly unzipped the bag and took a quick look at the dress. After slipping in I looked down at the black dress, falling just under my knee and gasped. It was simple and elegant at the same time. Just plain gorgeous. Buttons were sewed in as décor, starting from the collar to the middle of my waist. The close-fitting top of the dress accentuates my waist just perfectly, whereas the A-line skirt is slightly wider at the bottom. It felt velvety on my bare legs although the fabric of it was quiet thick and heavy.