Chapter 7

A couple more months had passed and Akina found herself walking through the hallways of U.A, looking for her classroom alongside Mina— who was getting distracted as they were walking.

"Mina, if you keep getting distracted by birds, we're going to be late." Akina called out, looking at the pink skinned girl who was a couple steps behind Akina.

"I'm not that distracted!" Mina pouted, puffing her cheeks up.

"Yeah, sure." Akina muttered, rolling her eyes. It didn't take long for her to find the room, and they were soon standing in front of the giant doorway. Before she could slide the door open herself, Mina jumped forwards and opened it, loudly shouting their arrival to the people in the classroom.

"Hello everybody!" She shouted.

Almost immediately a boy smelling like engine oil sped over to the two, offering his hand. "I'm Tenya Iida from Somei Academy. It's nice to meet you." He said.

He almost looks like a robot with those types of actions. Akina thought.

"I'm Ashido Mina! Please call me Mina!" Mina said, a wide grin on her face as she grabbed Iida's hand and shook it with enthusiasm.

"I'm Hayashi Akina." Akina introduced a bit more calmly.

"Do you have to do that every time somebody comes in?" A boy asked, and Akina looked past Iida to see a boy with spiky blond hair and an annoyed expression on his face.

"It is proper manners to introduce yourself to anybody new and— are your feet on the desk?" He walked quickly towards the boy before he started to scold him on how he was being rude and disrespecting school property.

"Hey there, you two are pretty girls. I'm Kaminari Denki, it's nice to meet you two." A familiar blond haired boy said— the same one Akina had seen at the entrance exam.

He kind of reminds me of those Blue Pegasus guys, except less smooth. Akina thought with a shudder, remembering the time where they all flirted with her at the Grand Magic Games when she ran into them in the town.

After introducing themselves again— and turning down the flirtatious attempts, the two girls moved from the doorway and looked for their seats. Mina was in the second row closest to the door and Akina seemed to be seated directly behind a boy with red spiked hair.

"Hey Akina! Congrats on second place!" The spiked hairy boy said, turning around.

Looking at the boy in confusion, Akina secretly focused on the scent wafting off of him, recognizing it from jr. high. "Kirishima?" She asked in shock.

Scratching the back of his head, Kirishima grinned. "Yeah, I dyed my hair. Kinda a way to say I'll be getting a new start, ya' know?"

"I hardly recognized you! Congrats on third!" She said.

"Yeah. I was pretty shocked to see myself up there as well. We both did a good job."

Akina nodded, their conversation being interrupted by a man now standing at the doorway.

He smells like eye drops and coffee. Akina thought.

"It took eight seconds before you all shut up. That's not gonna work. Time is precious, rational students would understand that." Looking towards the class with a tired gaze, the man addressed everyone in the classroom. "Hello, I'm Shota Aizawa, our teacher. Right, let's get to it. Put these on and head outside." He went around and handed each student a jumper, which Akina assumed was the P.E uniform.

After changing into the jumpers, everyone gathered outside in the open field.

"Today, we're going to be doing a Quirk Assessment test." Aizawa said once everyone had gathered, leaving some of the students to repeat what he said in confusion.

"But orientation, we're gonna miss it."  A brunette said, a look of disappointment on her face.

"If you really want to make it in the big leagues, you can't waste time on ceremonies." Aizawa responded, his back turned towards the class.

That's not true. FairyTail is the number one guild and we have a ceremony or celebration at least three times a week. Akina thought. On second thought, FairyTail might not be the best example.

"Here at U.A, we're not tethered to traditions. That means I get to run my class however I see fit." He turned towards them, the same tired look on his face."You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives. But you've never got to use your quirks in physical exams before. The county is still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day, the ministry of education will learn. Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam, what was the furthest distance throw with a softball in jr. high?"

"67 meters I think." The spiky haired blond boy, now known as Bakugo, said.

"That's right. Try doing it with your quirk."

Akina watched as Aizawa handed Bakugo a ball, motioning him to stand in a circle written with chalk.

"Anything goes just try to stay in the circle." After a small moment of hesitation, Aizawa spoke up. "Go on, you're wasting our time."

"All right, man, you asked for it." Bakugo said, stretching a little before he threw the ball, an explosion coming out of his hand to propel the ball even further.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities." Aizawa turned around and showed the class how far the ball went. 705.2 meters. "It's the most rational thing in becoming a pro hero."

"Woah, 705 meters? Are you kidding me?" Kaminari asked.

"I wanna go! That looks like fun!" Mina said, clapping her hands together from beside Akina.

"This is what I'm talking about! Using our quirks as much as we want." A black haired boy said.

"So this looks fun, huh?" Aizawa asked, "You have three years here to become a hero. You think it's all going to be games and playtime? Idiots." A smile appeared on his face, making him look slightly sadistic. "Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately. Understan? You're in my term now."

Unable to hide her shock, Akina let out a quiet gasp, then a small smile appeared on her face. I guess it's not a real test unless there's something to lose, isn't it?